A few days ago, my headphones that came with my ipod broke. So I have been looking for a new pair to replace my broken ones. I perfer in ear headphones and the most I can spend is $150. I wanted to know what kinds of headphones you guys have and if you like them or not.

Right now i am thinking about getting the Klipsch Image S4 but my only problem with those is that the cord is too thin (thats how i broke my apple headphones.) So I just wanted to know if the Image S4 is good or is there another pair that i should get?

The Image S4 - http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Noise-Isolating-Headphones/dp/B001V9LPT4
in ear headphones are called earphones,

and earphones are almost always under 150 dollars that seems ridiculous,

even the bose in-ear earphones are like 100$
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Aren't they called earbuds? And I hear skull candy makes good ones. Personally though I've never had a problem with my iPod ones, except for the little rubber things on the bottom seem to tear.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by Skully12
Aren't they called earbuds? And I hear skull candy makes good ones. Personally though I've never had a problem with my iPod ones, except for the little rubber things on the bottom seem to tear.

well the apple ones usually become crackly within a month and thats insanely bad for your ears.

and yes earphones and earbuds are interchangeable.

and skullcandy actually is one of the worst headphone/earphone makers, they just look "hip" but sound like shit

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
in ear headphones are called earphones,

and earphones are almost always under 150 dollars that seems ridiculous,

even the bose in-ear earphones are like 100$

I said i PREFER in ear ones, but i am open to any type of headphones, as long as they are under $150.
Last edited by noodles95 at Aug 23, 2010,
you can get super high up there in how much you wanna spend on headphones, I know there is a pair that is custom made for your ears and costs like 1000+ hahaha
Quote by noodles95
I said i PREFER in ear ones, but i am open to any type of headphones, as long as they are uner $150.

well personally i like bose on-ear soundproofing headphones..

although bose is slightly overpriced, i think they are comfortably and sound amazing, and soundproofing is amazing.

however if i were you id just go try some out at a shop and find out what you like.
although you cant with in-ear because its unsanitary.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
I love my Sennheiser CX400 II's, and got them for only £15 (RRP about £40 though), and they're a lot better than plenty of more expensive ones I've tried, the CX300 II are often recommended around here too, make sure it's the 'II' version btw.
Quote by greenwoodfan93
I love my Sennheiser CX400 II's, and got them for only £15 (RRP about £40 though), and they're a lot better than plenty of more expensive ones I've tried, the CX300 II are often recommended around here too, make sure it's the 'II' version btw.

I use the CX300 II's, they're fantastic for the price
grado sr80
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I have the $90 Bose and I love them. Before I had the Bose I had some $100 dollar Monster Earbuds, I think they sounded better than the Bose, but they seriously broke in like 2 weeks.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have heard great things about Sennheiser and Grado brands. I know sennheisers have great sound and grados are very durable.
Why in the hell would you spend $150 on headphones? Just buy a decent pair between $12-20 at FYE. They're fine.
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies

Sennheiser HD-280's. Had them about nine months now, and I love them. They sound great and balanced, I can hear most things fairly clearly with them, and they make great monitors or mixing tools. My earbuds I use with my MP3 player just sound tinny now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by classicrockboy
Why in the hell would you spend $150 on headphones? Just buy a decent pair between $12-20 at FYE. They're fine.

When you actually use a very nice pair of headphones, you can tell the difference between what you're using and a pair of $10 headphones.

Oh and those AKG's a few posts up are absolutely godly.
Quote by greenwoodfan93

I found a website thats selling the cx300 II and cx400 II for $15 but the cx 400 II are sold out, but since $15 is a great deal for those, im gonna pick up a pair of those AKG K-240s because a lot of people are saying great things about them.

I will use the akg for home use and the cx300 II for when im out doing stuff because i like to keep one in my ear when im in public so i can pay attention to people talking to me. Thank you to everyone for being so helpful!
Quote by classicrockboy

I can't stand "fine" sounding music. I need great at the very least.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
I honestly cannot find any "pro's" to using those in ear/earphones over regular over the ear headphones. They're uncomfortable and IMO they in general sound far worse than over the ear headphones.

I have the same headphones JimmyBanks6 was talking about, and I love them!
Quote by noodles95
I found a website thats selling the cx300 II and cx400 II for $15 but the cx 400 II are sold out, but since $15 is a great deal for those, im gonna pick up a pair of those AKG K-240s because a lot of people are saying great things about them.

I will use the akg for home use and the cx300 II for when im out doing stuff because i like to keep one in my ear when im in public so i can pay attention to people talking to me. Thank you to everyone for being so helpful!

Great choices

I wish I could afford both
Quote by Nickpocalypse
I honestly cannot find any "pros" to using those in ear/earphones over regular over the ear headphones. They're uncomfortable and IMO they in general sound far worse than over the ear headphones.

I have the same headphones JimmyBanks6 was talking about, and I love them!

Not to mention they f*ck up your hearing. I used ear buds for some 2 years, before I really ever cared about my hearing, and I kinda regret it now.

Not to mention they just sound horrible in general. I have yet to find an earbud that sounds like over-ear headphones. They're always either a.) Too trebly and thin sounding, b.) Too muddy on the bass, and/or c.) Break in a week.
My Dr. Dre Beats are amazing, at least I think so. They were $150 when I got them. Maybe check those out?

I know the Best Buy I have around here has a station for you to try them out, although they only let you try the over ear headphones.

Also, earphones = headphones.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Not to mention they f*ck up your hearing. I used ear buds for some 2 years, before I really ever cared about my hearing, and I kinda regret it now.

Not to mention they just sound horrible in general. I have yet to find an earbud that sounds like over-ear headphones. They're always either a.) Too trebly and thin sounding, b.) Too muddy on the bass, and/or c.) Break in a week.

I'll agree with all this, but I can't stand walking around with huge headphones on. It just feels weird... I love my in-ears...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦