I cant decide. If I get the vox, i'll buy a metal pedal along with it for my heavier stuff. I play songs from bands like Pantera, Mastodon, Deftones, Muse, QOTSA etc.

Thanks in advance!

Btw, alternative amp ideas are welcome too, aslong as it's under £200.
Vypyr - Much more of a metal amp, I'd recommend the tube version if you're planning on being in a band or playing out. Be warned that this thing is practically like a computer and is very annoying/frustrating to try to work with (a guy I know has one - tried playing a short setlist with it and it fed back like crazy and setting it up was a royal pain in the ass).

Vox - Much more of a lower gain, vintage toned amp. A lot more easier to work with since it has a manual mode that it goes to when you turn it on - the Vypyr always goes to the same preset.

I say go to your local music shop with your guitar and try both - and turn them up to get a good idea of their tones.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahagony - Cherry
Homemade EVH Black&White Frankenstrat
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
Marshall 425B cab
EVH phase 90 + 117 Flanger, Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face + Crybaby 535Q, Boss DD-20, Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by rockfreak611
Vypyr - Much more of a metal amp, I'd recommend the tube version if you're planning on being in a band or playing out. Be warned that this thing is practically like a computer and is very annoying/frustrating to try to work with (a guy I know has one - tried playing a short setlist with it and it fed back like crazy and setting it up was a royal pain in the ass).

Vox - Much more of a lower gain, vintage toned amp. A lot more easier to work with since it has a manual mode that it goes to when you turn it on - the Vypyr always goes to the same preset.

I say go to your local music shop with your guitar and try both - and turn them up to get a good idea of their tones.

Brilliant post, thanks. I dont have much of a chance to get to my local shop though, so we'll see. Vypyr looks like my best option.