What do I need for this thing? Is it just a program, or does it require extra cards to put into my computer??
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
it requires you to post in riffs and recordings.

just as an FYI it requires you to use it in a DAW like Cubase, Acid, Fruity loops. everybody on here seems to be in love with reaper though as its free and has the functionality of a good DAW.

it doesn't require extra cards but i would suggest having a decent cpu and a good chunk of ram. i'm also going to suggest superior drummer, addictive drums or steven slate drums over ezdrummer as the sample quality is higher and the interface is quite similar.
Quote by z4twenny

just as an FYI it requires you to use it in a DAW like Cubase, Acid, Fruity loops. everybody on here seems to be in love with reaper though as its free and has the functionality of a good DAW.

it doesn't require extra cards but i would suggest having a decent cpu and a good chunk of ram. i'm also going to suggest superior drummer, addictive drums or steven slate drums over ezdrummer as the sample quality is higher and the interface is quite similar.

What he said
God. WHAT IS A DAW!? I dont understand what it is!!

I read wikipedia...I dont understand. Is it a recording program??
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
For example...someone says:

To get it to work you must install, go to your DAW, open VST, etc.

How do I open my DAW?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
DAW = digital audio workstation, like pro tools, acid, cubase, fruity loops, reaper etc. you install it and click on the icon it makes. then you load it as a midi vst, all the DAW's are somewhat similar about it, usually it involves making a midi track and loading the drum session on it.

im going to request this be moved and suggest you check out riffs and recordings as that is the forum for what you're asking about. theres info in there on DAW's and vst's
By opening the VST file in it...it creates an audio track that is nothing...
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
I use it with Ableton... It's pretty good...
DAWs take a bit of work and lots of learning to use... There are usually good video tutorials on how to use them on the web, too...
Quote by z4twenny

Yep
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud