I hate multi effects, I really do, but I can't have 1079 pedals on my pedal board. So I'm looking a for an all in one unit that doesn't blow dogs for quarters. I use my amps distortion, so this would be a unit that goes in my effects loop only.

I have the Line 6 MM4 but the effects on it color my tone really bad. The chorus sucks, they have a so called Univibe on it that sounds like my guitar de-tunes itself... Basically I don't like it! I've tried dozens of products from Digitech and I absolutely hate them all. I will never own a product that says "Digitech" on it.

So essentially, I'm looking for a programmable multieffects unit with transparent effects, multiple switches so I don't have to scroll through something looking for a number. I also don't want to have to call NASA to have them tell me how to work it, so simpler the better.

Any idea's??
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
It depends on what you mean by calling nasa to use it....

Having in depth controls at your hands is very useful. It can get you the exact tone you want.

Are you willing to go rack with a midi floor board? If so you may be able to pick up a TC Electronics G Major, Rocktron Xpression or an Old Rocktron Prophesy up on ebay along with a Behringer FCB1010 or Midi mate from Ebay.......

All of those are very good rack mounted effects processors.

As far as multi effect floor units I do not have a clue as I have only tried rack mounted units.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I have an ME70, and it is dirt simple, I wouldn't however use it for gigging. If you Press two of the pedals at once it enters into a different mode of operation which would be disastrous live. Great for practice though, maybe recording.
Zoom G9.2 is not bad. I don't know if you want the distortion/amp models on it but the effects on it are pretty nice.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Look no further:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-ToneLab-LE-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=150246

It's the multi-fx unit for people accustomed to real amps- it responds like one, it's got a great warm tone, the effects can color your tone as much or as little as you desire, and it takes to being put in front of an amp, direct to a mixer, or direct to a power amp (like me) just fine.

I use it with my band and several times have I gotten complements on my tone from members of other local bands, one of which plays with a Dual Rec.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Look no further:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-ToneLab-LE-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=150246

It's the multi-fx unit for people accustomed to real amps- it responds like one, it's got a great warm tone, the effects can color your tone as much or as little as you desire, and it takes to being put in front of an amp, direct to a mixer, or direct to a power amp (like me) just fine.

I use it with my band and several times have I gotten complements on my tone from members of other local bands, one of which plays with a Dual Rec.

So far that looks like a winner! I don't really want to go rack or midi, I'm not that hard to please with effects, but there's a line between crap and usable. Since you have experience with this, does it do reverb and delay that can be added independently of the effects? Basically operate like a standalone pedal, just built in? If it does, then I'm sold.

I also heard that these things have an actual preamp tube in them, is that true?
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Quote by xXBansheeXx
So far that looks like a winner! I don't really want to go rack or midi, I'm not that hard to please with effects, but there's a line between crap and usable. Since you have experience with this, does it do reverb and delay that can be added independently of the effects? Basically operate like a standalone pedal, just built in? If it does, then I'm sold.

I also heard that these things have an actual preamp tube in them, is that true?

The things you just mentioned are all in the Zoom g9.2tt
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Do they have a smaller version? I only need 4-6 presets and no expression pedals. The Line 6 MM4 is perfect for what I want, it just sounds like dick. Basically I already have a lot going on on my pedalboard, one of these things would be over kill and too big. I just need something small, simple, abut good sounding.
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
They do have smaller versions but I am not sure if they have the features of the bigger ones with pedals.

EDIT: this is their site http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/index.html
Gear:
----------------------
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Aug 23, 2010,
Be sure you know how it works before you get one, I have the Tonelab LE and eventual got sick of it because it is a bit limiting.

I have a Line 6 MM13 now
I have a huge fear if rays.
Do any of these pedals allow you to use more than effect at a time? What If I wanted to tremolo a phaser with a delay, could I do that? I would go try them all out except the only guitar center in the area carries next to nothing any one would want. If I want a digitech pedal, an MG amp and an Ibanez guitar, they got me covered...

So if I'm going to order a pedal, its got to be based off of what info I know.
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
If you look at a picture of the Tonelab LE, at each of those tops knobs, only one of those can be engaged at a time... 1 modulation, 1 delay, 1 reverb, and 1 "pedal". This is mostly an issue on the "pedal" effects and modulation. Your example of tremolo+phaser+delay might work, I think you would have to do a phaser on the 'pedal' option though... and it won't work for every combo of effects.

Look at a picture of the Tonelab LE and you can select up to one effect from each of the knobs and figure out if that's enough for you...
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by xXBansheeXx

Well basically you have 5 effects banks: Pedal, Amp/cab, Modulation, Delay, and Reverb. You are given one effect from each of these banks to use at a time, and any one of those can be bypassed. So yes, you can use a reverb and a delay and a phaser all at the same time, without using any amp or modulation sounds (there's a phaser mod in the Pedal bank).

Also, regarding your music preferences and whether or not you can play them on this pedal, if you spend time tweaking you'll be just fine. The UK amps sounds very real and with some tweaking the Dual Rec mod sounds pretty dang close. As long as you don't restrict yourself to just the tried and true combinations (like, say, only using the T-75 cab with the JCM800 model), you'll be just fine. For example, my favorite stoner rock tone on the Tonelab is a Fuzz pedal into the Dumble amp model with a Fender Bassman 4x10 cabinet. Makes absolutely no sense, right? But it sounds perfect.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Last edited by MortifiedLizard at Aug 23, 2010,