This probably is not the right place to ask but. Is all of Metallica's song's tuned to standard or what tuning is it.
Some songs are in standard, some half a step down, some a quarter step up (For whom the bell tolls i think), and St. Anger is in Drop C.
Studio is standard, live is down a halfstep to Eb. St. Anger is in drop C but everything else is standard
Quote by andrewjp123
Some songs are in standard, some half a step down, some a quarter step up (For whom the bell tolls i think), and St. Anger is in Drop C.

Ahhhh crap Is For Whom The Bell Tolls really not in standard
OK. Well because i really dont feel like re tuning bc i like playing songs in drop c but i guess i will bc i wanna learn blackened, master of puppets, enter sandman, an justice for all, or if you guy's can tell me which one's are in drop c that would be great.
Last edited by Austin174 at Aug 23, 2010,
Drop C was only used on the St. Anger album. All the songs you mentioned are in standard tuning. You could go up to d standard (one step down) from drop C fairly easily and the chords etc. would work fine.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
The ones you want to play are in E standard. You could play them with the same fingering etc in D standard, but all the notes would be a step down.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Sad But True is tuned to D-standard from what I recall - although it's been years since I actually played along to it.