2 4%
Afternoon
2 4%
Evening
4 8%
Night
38 78%
Voters: 49.
I've recently noticed that I'm most creative and my brain functions the best in the middle of the night. I have no clue why.

I can think up lyrics and ideas for songs and drawings without any problem at night

So when is your brain at it best, Pit?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
it's constantly full throttle.

edit: it's never at full throttle
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 23, 2010,
Typically I write best when im hung-over.

But other than that super early in the morning.
I "suffer" from DSPS (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome) so I'm always most creative, thoughtful, etc around 2 am -ish
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Sometimes i get up extremely early in the morning just because i feel much more creative at that time of day.
I've found i'm funnier late at night, when i'm more tired, but maybe that's because I get more irratable and meaner and the people I usually make laugh are sadistic bastards. I don't have a set time for creativity, but in the afternoon is usually pretty decent.
Yeah, I find I write music and am more creative at night. I also find that I absorb more of what I read, and that it makes more sense.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's been scientifically proven that your brain is at it's most creative shortly before falling asleep.

i can believe that. ive come up with tons of ideas for songs right before i fall asleep, but i never get up and physically play or sing them, so i forget them. happened last night actually.
I'm the same way.... I'v also wondered why myself, but from say 2 am to 6 am I am far more creative than during the day. Songs and poetry just come to me unlike during the day when only once in a while this will happen...

I thought it might be like a break in routine that takes your brain out of routine and allows you to think differently... night time has a certain quiet clarity to it that maybe lets people/me see things with less complication/cliche? I'v also thought something to do with the stars for me because I love the night sky and sunrise.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
I "suffer" from DSPS (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome) so I'm always most creative, thoughtful, etc around 2 am -ish

... I have never heard of this before. I think I have this. Literally from the time I was born I have only been able to get restful sleep during the day (in fact until I was about 10 or 12 I don't think I ever went to sleep before 4 or 5 am, even as an infant). After about a decade of training myself I made myself able to sleep at night consistently, but I have never felt rested from it - it just lets me keep going.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by CoreysMonster
it's been scientifically proven that your brain is at it's most creative shortly before falling asleep.

This explains dreams, as well as why my concept book gets nothing filled in most of the day, then two or three pages every night. Why is this?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by TV-Casualty
i can believe that. ive come up with tons of ideas for songs right before i fall asleep, but i never get up and physically play or sing them, so i forget them. happened last night actually.

That's why I write this stuff down.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by CoreysMonster

True. I remember my psych teacher telling us this. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the study, or if he even gave us a source.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Actually, yeah I'd agree with this. I quite often watch live music before I go to bed and get quite hyped up about it and get quite a buzz going which makes me really want to play my guitar and disappoint myself, but that doesn't really happen through the day. Except the disappointing myself part.
My brain is noticeably more active at night. I'm a night owl for sure. I fuckin HATE the morning too. Its always cold, and I never feel rested or ready for anything in the morning. I could wake up from a coma, but I'd fall back asleep if it was morningtime.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by jfreyvogel
... I have never heard of this before. I think I have this. Literally from the time I was born I have only been able to get restful sleep during the day (in fact until I was about 10 or 12 I don't think I ever went to sleep before 4 or 5 am, even as an infant). After about a decade of training myself I made myself able to sleep at night consistently, but I have never felt rested from it - it just lets me keep going.

Same here. Though as an infant I slept perfectly at night. It was not until I started growing up that this started happening. I can lay in bed with my eyes closed I won't fall asleep for a long time andI won't feel rested when I wake up. On the other hand, if I just nap two hours on the couch in the afternoon I'll feel better than with a full night sleep (6-9 hours)
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Who pirates Winrar? that has to be the most passive aggressive program I've ever seen.

"hey you should really buy me, the 40 days is up"
* hits X button*
" Oh okay, maybe next time?"

You sir have just won a thousand internets.
Quote by CoreysMonster

That's why I get so many musical ideas in my head during the early classes. <_<
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I'm definately more creative at night when it comes to writing songs. But I'm a much better guitarist when I have a bottle or 2 of cider.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
I can turn it on when i need to, but overall i guess it's night time.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.