I recently got some new Ernie Ball Coated strings and I put them on, but on the high E string every time I fret either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd fret I hear a buzz and the notes don't ring out. I can hear this through the amplifier aswell.

Also, on the B and G string whenever I bend a note I can hear a buzz aswell. I don't THINK this is audible through the amplifier but it still annoys me as sometimes I have to play at low volumes and I can hear the guitar's buzz louder than the amp

It isn't me palm muting it
It isn't how hard I'm picking the string, as I'm picking the string with the same intensity that I pick the rest of the frets, and there's no buzz. I've also tried to pick lightly but that doesn't work either.
There isn't anything that's stopping the fret from buzzing

Can anyone help?
GIMME FUE GIMMA FAI GIMMA DABAJAZA

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
Are they a different gauge? That could throw off action enough to make it buzz on lower frets. Does it buzz at higher frets, too? That's all I can really think of.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
No, they've always been 10s.

Thanks, dajpark, I'll get my guitar set up from a professional rather than do it myself, I really don't trust myself with stuff like that

EDIT - It DOES buzz at higher frets. Namely 15th fret B string upwards.

Fender American Strat > Korg Chromatic Tuner > Jemini Distortion > Boss DD7 > Blackstar HT 20
Last edited by Dabestile at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by Dabestile

Thanks, dajpark, I'll get my guitar set up from a professional rather than do it myself, I really don't trust myself with stuff like that

Don't do that. Learn to do it yourself. It's infinitely more rewarding, because when you take it somewhere else, you're paying someone to do something incredibly simple, and most of the time the person you're paying to do it won't do it in a way that you like or are comfortable with, if they do anything helpful at all.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Don't do that. Learn to do it yourself. It's infinitely more rewarding, because when you take it somewhere else, you're paying someone to do something incredibly simple, and most of the time the person you're paying to do it won't do it in a way that you like or are comfortable with, if they do anything helpful at all.

+1
It's not as complicated as it looks.
Alright guys, I managed to do it myself so thanks for the help and the link aswell