Hey gang,

Just picked up a Danelectro Rumor bass last night for a cool $80.

It has crap bass strings on it right now, and being my first semi-hollow bass, i was wondering what strings would be a good compliment?

Thanks!!

Also, NDB pic!!:
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Now, take this with a grain of salt because my only experience with semi-hollow basses is the sexy Ibanez Artcore, but you really can't go wrong with Rotosound Swing 66's or another warm-sounding set of strings. I'd stay away from more intense (imo) sounding sets like GHS Boomers or Ernie Ball Slinkies on a hollow body, though, unless that's your thing!

Hope this helps.

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
That helps!

Yeah, the artcore is actually a good compairison. This bass isn't like the other Dano's with the lipstick-pups. So yeah, i'm definetly trying out the rotosounds!

Haha, as far as i can tell, it's strung with EB's now and it's just TOO bright. Haha, with my tone rolled all the way off it's almost as bright as my SX P/J with DR's with the tone all the way open.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Oh, wow!

I'm extremely happy with Rotosounds. They're super bright right when you set them, but they have a great, rich sound once they've settled.

How are you EQing your sound, just out of curiousity?

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
Quote by ManInPeril
Oh, wow!

I'm extremely happy with Rotosounds. They're super bright right when you set them, but they have a great, rich sound once they've settled.

How are you EQing your sound, just out of curiousity?

Different EQs for different bands... I'm a tone-nazi, haha.

This bass is gonna be used in my power-pop band... so lotsa Mids and Low-Mids. The basses i've been using are my T20 and the SX. The T20 i have the volume cranked and the tone about 70% open. The SX P/J i have the P vol 100% and the J vol at about 50%, and the master tone at about 90%.

For heads with this band i use either the Ampeg 2x15 or the 1x15 (depending on venue size). For heads, i usually use my Kustom200. Since it just has Vol/Low/Trebble/Bright... the vol on the older heads (mine's a '68) sort of acts like a mid booster. So i have the low at noon and the trebble at about 9' or 10 o'clock and then volume to taste and the bright is off. However, i'll use one of the GKs from time to time... and the 400rb i always bring as a backup. So, regardless of the 800rb or 400rb i usually tweek as so: Low- noon, LowMid - 2 o'clock, Mid - 3 o'clock, HighMid - noon, High - 10 o'clock. Then i tweak the Vol/Master/Boost to taste.

Haha... sorry i ranted there :/