this is what I have in mind. it would look something like:

Alex's Attenuator (not sure if they make a 100w or (preferably 150w) or what ohms they go by)

Mesa Boogie (2010 "solo" version) dual rectifier 100w head (ohm-wise: 4 ohm-mono/8 ohm-stereo)

Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 cab (ohms are: 4 for mono/8 for stereo)

Celestion Alnico Gold 50w each (these are not "original" spkrs, for the record)... ohm-wise: (each spkr is: 8 ohm impedense).

Is anything NOT correct in this set up??? would this actually work???
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Ya that'd be fine. Wire the speakers in parallel for 4 ohms total, and use the 4 ohm setting on the Mesa. Screw stereo. The attenuator I don't know about but you'll just want a 4 ohm one with proper wattage.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Two things to know:
-The attenuator is not a stereo unit, so although you could set up the cab and the head to run stereo (not really useful at all, since the speakers are so close together) you could not use the attenuator with that setup.

-Once you plug the head into the attenuator, the cab's impedance is of no consequence. It would be best to wire the cab as 4 ohms mono so you can run it without the attenuator, but the attenuator becomes the amp's load when it is used so you can plug into any impedance cab you like without any worries.
Wow, thanks a lot! 'cuz I've heard of some ppl burning up their tubes and/or preamp or something like that... thanks again!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Well, you could very well burn out your tubes or output transformer early by running the amp very hot more often than you would without an attenuator. An attenuator is a safe load (safer than speakers, often!) but keep in mind that if your master volume is at 9, it doesn't matter if the amp sounds quiet, it's still working hard and getting very hot, which can reduce the life of certain parts. That's the real danger of attenuators - they make it a bit too easy to be hard on your amp.
Quote by Roc8995
but keep in mind that if your master volume is at 9, it doesn't matter if the amp sounds quiet, it's still working hard and getting very hot, which can reduce the life of certain parts.

Correct. The most common reasons for amps failing under an attenuator is not because of the attenuator, but because the amp was being pushed past it's natural operating limits.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Quote by C_majzer
this is what I have in mind. it would look something like:

Alex's Attenuator (not sure if they make a 100w or (preferably 150w) or what ohms they go by)

Mesa Boogie (2010 "solo" version) dual rectifier 100w head (ohm-wise: 4 ohm-mono/8 ohm-stereo)

Genz Benz G-flex 2x12 cab (ohms are: 4 for mono/8 for stereo)

Celestion Alnico Gold 50w each (these are not "original" spkrs, for the record)... ohm-wise: (each spkr is: 8 ohm impedense).

Is anything NOT correct in this set up??? would this actually work???

I believe all AAs are 300W or something close to it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I believe all AAs are 300W or something close to it.

and this would be safe to use with a 100w head right?
^ Yup.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.