im in the need of a new bass amp. i generally play metal, especially progressive, and sometimes thrash/death. so, what amps do you recommend under about $500
Anything but Behringer, GK Backline and Acoustic. Do you just need the amp? If so, you got plenty of dough to search new and used. Go out and check out a variety to suit your tone needs. You're basically going to get a bunch of opinions on gear, but the 3 I've stated are total garbage.
Quote by MommasHooligan
Anything but Behringer, GK Backline and Acoustic. Do you just need the amp? If so, you got plenty of dough to search new and used. Go out and check out a variety to suit your tone needs. You're basically going to get a bunch of opinions on gear, but the 3 I've stated are total garbage.

Why you hating on acoustic? Although for metal theres prob better amps but acoustic is a solid brand.
US TUBES
Are you playing in a band? If so, what does everyone else play through?

The Acoustic B200 head and 4x10 cabinet sells for about $550.00 new and can frequently be found on sale for less:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200H-Bass-Amp-Head-and-B410-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet-Stack?sku=484900
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by CurlyFry
Why you hating on acoustic? Although for metal theres prob better amps but acoustic is a solid brand.

Not hating on it, but its not a solid brand. Granted its better than Behringer and GK Backline series. I've played through Acoustic but I think its lacking in tone.
Quote by MommasHooligan
Not hating on it, but its not a solid brand. Granted its better than Behringer and GK Backline series. I've played through Acoustic but I think its lacking in tone.

I got a B200 and its pretty diesel. I guess when youre playin through ampegs, acoustic isnt gonna sound good haha.
US TUBES
not even ampeg,check out the Roland DB-500 series,like the 160W or 300W.
super duper clear for that progressive stuff,and i can get really thumpy if ya need it.