You guys know how a neck through is easier to hit the higher notes (like really high frets) than a bolt on because its a lot slimmer at those frets than a bolt on.

Well I remember somewhere seeing a few bolt-ons which where designed so that those frets where easier to hit. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
all access neck joint
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
all access neck joint

yes indeed. the AANJ's are AWESOME. i've always been a fan of the old squared heel myself guess i'm just old school. they just feel more solid to me. but here's a good AANJ

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
my Washburn has one that looks like a cross between the Jackson and the Ibby above (im gonna assume its an Ibanez JEM looks like it has the handle but i cant tell)
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Ibanez, old Charvel's and Jackson's, New Kramer's, and Schecter has there heels tapered for easy access way better than a Strat style bolt on. I cant think of anymore.

yet the schecters with the higher fret access are the set-necks and neck-thru's. their bolt-on models are all squared.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I love neck through guitars to pieces, because I find them aesthetically superior to all other neck joints.

But I'm not going to lie - Ibanez's AANJ is simply the best I've ever played for upper fret access. It's just really good.

I hate square neck joints/plates. Passionately. Jackson's are the worst, IMO.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i have no idea why, i'm just way more used to set necks like on my gibson les paul. I just love Ibanez's AANJ its probably the best bolt-on, i agree with ^ i just hate those square neck joints especially if they have a plate. The only bolt ons i like, are the ones with a lot of contour for access. Neck thrus are just far superior
Parker niteflys bolton joint is phenomenal.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by beckyjc
How are jackson the worst? Theyre alot slimmer compared to a regular strat neck joint.

It's just my opinion, but they are ridiculously square and bulky - not sleek whatsoever compared to Ibanez joints. Fender is even worse, but that's just unfathomable for me. I could and would never play a Fender anyway.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
It's just my opinion, but they are ridiculously square and bulky - not sleek whatsoever compared to Ibanez joints. Fender is even worse, but that's just unfathomable for me. I could and would never play a Fender anyway.

I find the Dinky neck joints to be really good. Ibanez is the best tho.

The only jackson boltons I hate with a passion are the kellys and rhoads just stupid bulk.

Yet I have no problems with fender bolt ons I'm weird.
90's higer end Yamaha's have this sick heel-less neck joint (my Pacifica 921):

And how it's done....

Would someone explain in detail the diference between AANJ and normal bolt-on neck? I cant figure out whats unique about AANJ.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Using the pics already posted in this thread:

This is a normal bolt on plate.

This is the AANJ.

The difference is huge. Whereas the normal joint is bulky, blocky and square, the AANJ is very curved and smooth. It feels a lot better, a lot more natural.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ even that one with the plate you posted has got a bit of stuff taken away to make upper fret access a bit easier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have an Alvarez scoop like this, only it's shaped like a Tele:

Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ even that one with the plate you posted has got a bit of stuff taken away to make upper fret access a bit easier.

If you say so. That really doesn't do anything for me at all, I don't know why so many companies do it or what it can help with. Taking wood away from the back of the guitar doesn't help me get any closer to the high frets if the cutaway is still the same. IMO, the cutaway and the neck joint are the only two factors that mater.

And regardless of what is said, the Jackson neck does look and feel really bulky to me. Maybe you are just used to them? My first real guitar was a set neck Epiphone, and then after that I got an Ibanez with an AANJ, so I never really got used to or used bolt on necks. Now I use a neck through LTD primarily, so when I play a guitar with a bolt on plate, it's frustrating to no end for me. My V does have this, but the corner of it is contoured a bit so it helps. It's not like just square.

I personally thing Ibanez is the only big name company trying to make it easy for players. Not only did they develop the AANJ, the new RGD's are incredible because they have AANJ, and they have a really deep cutaway. I want to get one one day.

@Sleaze Disease: That is really, really cool and a good idea. I'd be worrying about it breaking/snapping because of it's lack of solidity, but other than that, that is a really smart design.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
yes indeed. the AANJ's are AWESOME. i've always been a fan of the old squared heel myself guess i'm just old school. they just feel more solid to me. but here's a good AANJ

my BC Rich NJ Series Beast's neck joint is like that. I love it.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Quote by Offworld92
If you say so. That really doesn't do anything for me at all, I don't know why so many companies do it or what it can help with. Taking wood away from the back of the guitar doesn't help me get any closer to the high frets if the cutaway is still the same. IMO, the cutaway and the neck joint are the only two factors that mater.

And regardless of what is said, the Jackson neck does look and feel really bulky to me. Maybe you are just used to them? My first real guitar was a set neck Epiphone, and then after that I got an Ibanez with an AANJ, so I never really got used to or used bolt on necks. Now I use a neck through LTD primarily, so when I play a guitar with a bolt on plate, it's frustrating to no end for me. My V does have this, but the corner of it is contoured a bit so it helps. It's not like just square.

I personally thing Ibanez is the only big name company trying to make it easy for players. Not only did they develop the AANJ, the new RGD's are incredible because they have AANJ, and they have a really deep cutaway. I want to get one one day.

Oh I don't like the jackson ones either, i just meant that they would claim that there was a bit of stuff cut away there to help. I dislike them even more than a strat, lol, which i don't have a major problem with. The jackson ones (the kramer ones too) have some kind of embossed writing on them which makes them even bulkier, in my opinion. Unless they've changed them recently (I haven't tried them for a while).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?