OK so my dad said he would buy me a guitar for Christmas, and for weeks ive been looking around and think i have narrowed it down to these three.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/86852

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/69441

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/73832

I really like the paul allender sig the most but the fact its a sig is putting me off a little.

I play mostly metal, like metallica, so i think these would suit my needs.

So which one would you guys go for? and why?

cheers
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Quote by bowen
For metal I personally would go for the Custom 22, but most others would go for the EMG's in the Allender sig.
Is the PRS Torrero out of your price range?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/85135

Ermm dunno might be able to stretch the budget. . . but i do like the look of that thanks
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
I felt like the Torero had a much heftier kind of feel than the Allender sig and it felt like much more of a metal suited guitar. I think the neck through and the Original Floyd made all the difference though.
It does look much better than the Allender too IMO. The blank ebony board > some ridiculous bat inlays.
i like the bat inlays! plus the purple is pretty sexy.
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Fair enough
I can concur that the purple is quite sexual. But go with whatever you like best!
yea i will just wanted other peoples opinions/experiences with these guitars. Also quite lucky to have a prs dealer not far from me so i can try all these out
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
I'd only go for the Allender if it's one of the newer ones with EMGs. Wasn't a fan of the prs humbuckers in the original model.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
I'd go for the Paul Allender with passives because the new Allender models look like crap with EMGs and green or red flame top instead of that sexy purple quilt and passives. (IMO)

And it's cheaper than the Custom 24...

Basically with the 24 and the Allender it's a matter of what finish you want.

If you want the Custom, then it's a hardtail and 22 frets versus the prs trem and 24 frets on the other guitars.
Christmas ?? Its not even September

Anyways, I say the first one, based on the links. Its got the birds, which is sweet.

I have played an Allender sig, they are pretty nice
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
^^^^^

yea i know, i like to prepare plus if i make my mind up he might get it for me earlier
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
instead of these you could try the PRS SE Single cut
The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix
Quote by jimmypage577
instead of these you could try the PRS SE Single cut

seems like he likes the doublecut shape though
Took me over a year to save up for my guitar :| lol

I have a PRS SE 25th (The first link)
It's a great guitar, truthfully you can't go wrong with PRS
If you mostly play metal. I would go for the paul allender sig as just looks more metal lol
But any of them will be able to handle easily what ever style you go for
thanks for the replies guys. and yea im not interested in the singlecut shapes but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

And as it stands my dad might only pay half of the guitar so looks like i gotta pay the other half.
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Last edited by zYx Monster xYz at Aug 24, 2010,
i was going to give my honest opinion, but it seems we are more concerned with the guitar looking "metal"

in that case torerro.

otherwise i'd say a custom 24, but it probably doesn't look metal enough.
dude give your honest opinion, i dont care, i only said i play metal not that it has to look metal! all opinions are welcome
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
then i'd say a custom 24. not that you won't play metal all of your life, but it does other things well too.

with the right amp, it will do metal all day long. and with a nice mesa or fender clean, it would do jazz or country as well.

but i would as well say go used if possible, saving about half your budget.
i havent played any of them but the one ive been thinking about getting was the PRS SE Paul Allender Signature Model with the Emerald Green Ltd Ed
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
ok.. . quick question about the allender sig. the new one has emgs but is more expensive. is the extra price worth the emgs?
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
IMO you lose a lot of versatility with EMGs, but if you're set on only playing metal then there wouldn't be any problem.

(Purple quilt > green/red flame IMO)
The first time I tried the Allender sig I wrote it off because I didn't care for the prs passive pickups at all. To me they sounded muddy and had no definition. I'd say the emgs are likely more versatile than the older passives. I know I've never had any issues with getting emgs to clean up, and coil tap is a nice addition as well.
There are other reasons I prefer the updated model, ebony fretboard, flamed maple instead of quilted, more ergonomic etc. Do wish they had kept the purple burst instead of the red though.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.