So I need a valve amp that will work well with the Les Paul Traditional. I love that David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler tone for soloing, but I also like playing Guns N' Roses rhythm guitar. A mid gain amp would be awesome. Something up to £800 I think. I don't really want to have to buy another amp after this one. I want really good cleans and a rich and full distortion. Any models that you reckon would be suitable?
A metalface Super Lead or clone of that amp would work perfectly but I'm unsure whether you could get one for 800 GBP or not, since I'm unfamiliar with the UK gear market.

A JCM 800 would work as well, though the cleans won't be nearly as nice.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Ok that chart helps a lot thanks. JCM 800 looks good. Pricey though eh? Is there a recommended cabinet I should use with that? I'm crap when it comes to amps and stuff!
Cabinet depends on whatever size you want. For the tones you want I reckon a well built cab (Marshall & Orange spring to mind but there's *plenty* of great other ones) with Celestion G12H or Greenback speakers will do you well paired with a JCM800
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
JCM 800s are about $700-100 USD used over on this side of the pond. I'd imagine they're quite a bit cheaper over there.

Don't buy a reissue. They're shit.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.