Hey UG,

Been a while since i been posting.

Frankly I'm a little bored of my ESP LTD DV8-R guitar

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Dave-Mustaine-Signature-DV8R-Electric-Guitar?sku=516780&src=3SOSWXXA

silver in colour, tiny nick on the upper horn

I'm considering, if i have time to deal with the hassle, to trade it. In order to do this i need to know about how much it's worth. I bought it new for about 1300$ canadian.

Opinions?

Thanks!

PS - i have looked around the internet loosely this guitar is discontinued, making it kinda hard for me to find a reasonable used price, most ads are from 2-3 years ago.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Private sale will net you much more than a trade-in. If the nick is the only thing really "wrong" with it, you could get at least $800CDN, so I'd start it at $1000CDN and make it open to negotiation. The most a store will offer you on trade is roughly $600- it's not that they're being dicks or stupid (though it can be), but they have to make enough profit to make it worth their while and stock it in place of something that could sell as well.

How urgently do you want to get rid of it? With craigslist I've sold guitars in days, or in a few cases it's been months and I've gotten a response out of the blue.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Oh i'm in no rush whatsoever.

and it does seem to make sense that sale would be more efficient than trade, so i'll keep that in mind.

another reason I'm asking is to research what I might replace it with, i need a price range.

800$ canadian huh? that's alot more than i was thinking. if you don't mind me asking where are you getting the number from? judgment call sorta thing?

And yeah , i understand the basics of sale, starting from a higher range and being brought down, that's not an issue.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
The standard I was taught for used is 75%, though I've seen as low as 50%. Given its condition, that takes a little off, but being discontinued gives you a little more leverage, but since it was relatively recent, that depends on sales, which I'm not sure on. As long as there's a market though, someone will buy.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
see now i dunno about the discontinuity providing leverage; see a large allure to the guitar was that it's a Dave Mustaine Signature, and he has his new signature line with Dean, which are different, but have very similar features(Pickups, wood).

so a safer range might be 650$-800$ CAD?

and i believe before it was discontinued the list price was like 899$ USD

i have the form-fitting case too, which cost me like 112$ as well, that may or may not be hard to find so that adds leverage i guess.

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
bump anyone else maybe know how much i could get for this guitar?

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build