Hello all. This is my first post here... and I was wondering if you guys had any resources to help me get my pinky under control. It goes retarded when I try certain phrases. When I'm using my index, ring, and pinky for a phrase, i can only hit the pinky note if I move my whole damn hand. Should I just keep practicing or is there anything I can do to get the coordination down? It's just annoying, lol
Basically just keep practicing, it takes years to get your pinky to do anything really complex.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Zaphod's spot on. If you're wanting some good exercises, check Freepower's independance video. Those exercises helped me loads with Pinky and overall Left Hnand control
try this pattern over and over again, using the four finger lineup: 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, 4 on 4:

first string: --1-4-3-4-1-4-3-4-1-4-3-4-1-4-3-4------
Whenever u do exercises, say u got yr first finger on the neck. As soon as you put yr second finger down, foom yr ring and pinkie fly up SO plan on making them go down also, almost touching string . When u put yr ring finger on the neck, yr pinky prob flies up so again, when you put the ring finger down, picture and plan on making the pinky go towards the neck, almost touching. Back and forth. Start EXTREMELY slow. My teacher said I was failing if the fingers left more than half inch away from strings- so I practiced and practiced, always picturing my pinky going down and making my pinky fight going up, I'd say if took four months before it started to pay off. Hard but worth it, I promise.
Quote by Khriss Bliss
Whenever u do exercises, say u got yr first finger on the neck. As soon as you put yr second finger down, foom yr ring and pinkie fly up SO plan on making them go down also, almost touching string . When u put yr ring finger on the neck, yr pinky prob flies up so again, when you put the ring finger down, picture and plan on making the pinky go towards the neck, almost touching. Back and forth. Start EXTREMELY slow. My teacher said I was failing if the fingers left more than half inch away from strings- so I practiced and practiced, always picturing my pinky going down and making my pinky fight going up, I'd say if took four months before it started to pay off. Hard but worth it, I promise.

Making it a conscious effort isn't really a good idea, actually making yourself relax is impossible so the more you think about it the tenser you'll become which is the exact opposite of what we want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Thanks for the replies. And i agree with Zaphod, I don't want to think about it too hard, I just want it to feel more natural, rather than awkward. thanks again!