Hi,

I used to play Violin in school and couple of months back at age of 25 started learning on a friends acoustic guitar.

I was now thinking of buying my first Electric Guitar. I narrowed down to couple of Fender Start MIM + Amp for $300 on local craiglist, but after listening to G&L Tribute Legacy I kind of like its sound compared to fenders.

Issue is checked I checked all around and even on guitar center but no one has used G&L. I checked with one of the local distributors here in Jersey, he said he didn't have any used ones but has close out deal on new for about $360.

I want to know if it is worth that + extra cost of amps etc (in that case please suggest some nice relatively cheap practice amp)? or should I wait for a used one or go with the fender option.

Thanks,
Jay
i would reccomend getting the MIM Strat with the amp unless your either have extra money to spend on an amp or already have an amp
I'd go with a hss strat for a first guitar...do you know what style your gonna play..the hss strat will cover a wide variety....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Yes mainly soft rock, blues and jazz.
So I should stick with MIM Strat then.
Yeah the mim strat should be fine bro
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think