So, I started taking this music class at my school. I'm required to bring my instrument to class everyday, in this case my guitar and amp. My friend is taking me to school until I get a case, and then I will be riding the bus again. My problem is what if it rains? I have to walk across a huge parking lot in the rain with my hard shell guitar case and my amp...

I was wondering if my case should be fine for a short period in the rain, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas on how to protect my amp. It's a spider III 15W so it's not too big, and I'm not about to buy a cabinet or something expensive for it...
Does anyone have any ideas? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."
It's a spider III, it's can't get any more ruined then it already is.

Serious answer: Find a amp cover for it
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
i would say ditch the line 6 at school ( leave it there all the time) and get yourself another amp that actually sounds good for home use
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
i would say ditch the line 6 at school ( leave it there all the time) and get yourself another amp that actually sounds good for home use

this.

and also, trash bags work very well. this way you can cover your amp to get it there, and then you can also throw it out after class. motivation to get a new amp. lol
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I didn't need the smartalic remark...
I can't get a new amp I need a job, or I would. It's my electric guitar in a hard case, and my amp.
"The mind is everything. What you think, you become."
^^^Spider III jokes aside, that's not a bad idea. I'll be doing the same thing this coming school year and I'll just leave one of my amps at the school since I have my Mesa at home. You don't even need a hardshell case; just get a good gig bag. Mine is quite snug and sturdy and I'm quite careful with it so I've never incurred any damage while using it.
Have you got an acoustic?
EDIT: Yay!! Post no. 100.....jesus you think i could have made it a bit more....eh, epic!
Last edited by conor-figgy at Aug 23, 2010,
Quote by mardisaaron
I didn't need the smartalic remark...
I can't get a new amp I need a job, or I would. It's my electric guitar in a hard case, and my amp.

i was joking when i said you could throw the amp out, but i was serious about using a trash bag.

the hsc will be fine.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Trash bag works well enough, just use that. If you have a rice sack that'll probably work best.
Quote by randomhero93
this.

and also, trash bags work very well. this way you can cover your amp to get it there, and then you can also throw it out after class. motivation to get a new amp. lol

Exactly what I was gonna say ,some of the old timers at some blues jams I go to have old guitars with garbage bags ...
And I think I'm finally gonna run down to guitar center and see for myself how crappy a spider really is,I've heard over 1million negative comments about them I need to heard its baddness myself lol
Maybe I'll play a schecter through it to get an even crappier expierience lol
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Guitar will be fine, even if water leaks into the case, which is doubtfull. Ive brought my tele to school in a gig bag in the pissing rain. Was a bit soggy, but was fine after a wipe with a towel.

As for the amp, few bin bags, and stick it in a backpack.
Trash bag is a good idea. You can grab the handle and not puncture the bag. Spiders make fine practice amps and he just started out. If moisture gets in there it could shorten something out. I had an amp in a trash bag in a tent while camping this past weekend and it stayed dry even though everything else did not.

Yeah, I thought it would be safe and it rained like a mother and everything inside the tent, including my guitar which was in a soft case, got wet. Except for the amp

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Aug 24, 2010,
Or if your school has a PA or somekind of bass, acoustic, or keyboard amp laying around you could get something like a zoom multi effex and run it through that. so much easier then lugging and amp back and forth all day. trust me it will get old fast.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.