I was wondering if anyone here has tried that, and pulled it off well.
I know I could run a pod through my power amp, and power amp into cab, letting the pod act as a preamp.
If I get one of the footswitches for it, somehow mount the pod onto the power amp, and use it on stage, would it work out well?
The reason I ask, is because Pods come up on craigslist all the time, for pretty cheap.
I just figured that it would be cheaper to get one, than to try and find a pod xt pro (rack), because they rarely come up around Nashville.

Thanks for any help.

My sig hasn't been updated in quite awhile, I have no preamp now, so please don't ask questions about that.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Yes, I do that exact thing with my Vox Tonelab. Sounds great.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Awesome.
Thanks guys.
I'll probably still use my cab for practice at home for the most part, but on stage/at band practice run it through a PA.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Quote by drewfromutah
I wouldn't bother with a cab. I'd just do Pod--->Power Amp---> PA.

Um, what? The power amp into the PA would be pretty disastrous. You can put a POD direct without anything else just fine. But really a cab would be helpful. When you're practicing at home, PA systems tend to not just randomly materialize out of nowhere.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by MortifiedLizard
Um, what? The power amp into the PA would be pretty disastrous. You can put a POD direct without anything else just fine. But really a cab would be helpful. When you're practicing at home, PA systems tend to not just randomly materialize out of nowhere.

You're right, I dunno why I wrote power amp in there. I was thinking of hooking it up to a cab.