Alright so I have enough money to buy a new guitar, but I'm torn between the (probably) two most disputed guitars of all time. A Strat copy vs. a Les Paul copy. I have enough money for a:

Agile AL-2000 FR

or an

Agile ST-1000 Maple Neck

I plan to play a lot of different music with these including 80's to modern metal, rock, prog rock, and maybe a little bit of country. I will also most definitely replace the bridge pickup with a GFS Power Rail or other humbucker in the one I purchase.

Thanks.
If you're going to replace the pickups, the guitars themselves don't matter that much. You'd probably be more comfortable with the LP because you already have a guitar with the same scale.

I'd be a lot more concerned about if you want a vintage trem or a double locking trem. There's kind of a big difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If you're going to replace the pickups, the guitars themselves don't matter that much. You'd probably be more comfortable with the LP because you already have a guitar with the same scale.

I'd be a lot more concerned about if you want a vintage trem or a double locking trem. There's kind of a big difference.

Both of my guitars are 25.5" scales... And my Lead II closely resembles a strat's shape, as my Solo-6 does with a Les Paul..

And I know the differences and have used both types of trems (on different guitars though)
Quote by Somekid94
Both of my guitars are 25.5" scales... And my Lead II closely resembles a strat's shape, as my Solo-6 does with a Les Paul..

And I know the differences and have used both types of trems (on different guitars though)

Oh really? I thought the Solo-6 was a 24.75". My mistake.

Well then, I suggest the strat.

But which trem do you prefer? Which are you looking for?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by malmsteensolo
I say you save up and get a real guitar. Not some cheap knockoff.

Says the guy with the Epiphone

I'm not a crazy trem abuser but I definitely do want to have one, so I think that the vintage trem would serve me well enough.
Quote by Somekid94
Says the guy with the Epiphone

I'm not a crazy trem abuser but I definitely do want to have one, so I think that the vintage trem would serve me well enough.

For sure the strat then. Looks pretty nice, and looks like a solid base for upgrades.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X