I've tried to import a CD I have 3 different times and 3 different settings. Lowest, mP3, and Apple Lossless, I can't even tell the difference. I'm I doing something wrong? They just seem to take up much more space on the MP3 player. I don't like the fact I have to turn the MP3 player all the way up (ipod touch). Can anyone recommend any settings or different importer.
LOL
do you have that option to convert all files to 128kbps aac enabled?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It won't make a difference if you're playing the songs through your MP3 player. It only matters if you have good speakers/headphones.
-Select the songs that are giving you volume problems
-Right click and go to "Get Info"
-Go to "Options"
-Go to "Volume Adjustment" and adjust your volume

Good day to you sir
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
Quote by mental_zer0
If you're using ipod headphones, there's your problem.

no, I'm using the Ipod touch, not the headphones. I'm seriously considering selling this and getting a Zune. Though I will still try to play with the settings and see what the best results are.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
no, I'm using the Ipod touch, not the headphones. I'm seriously considering selling this and getting a Zune. Though I will still try to play with the settings and see what the best results are.

Don't get a Zune, they're pieces of shit. Also, due to DRMs or something, I don't think your itunes music will work on it, and vice-versa. some stupid scam like that. I have one, and I don't recommend it.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
what headphones do you have? If you can turn the volume all the way up on recently released music and it doesnt rape your ears, then it might be that your headphones are crappy.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by SiKh22

You won't notice a difference in audio quality through the speaker on the iTouch, if you try it though a good set of headphones or speakers you should.

Quote by JakeTheDuck
Don't get a Zune, they're pieces of shit.

They're actually pretty awesome, I'll take my Zune HD over my sisters iTouch any day.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Outerspacegrass
what headphones do you have? If you can turn the volume all the way up on recently released music and it doesnt rape your ears, then it might be that your headphones are crappy.

on a ipod, the volume bar is past the middle, right under the pause button, I'm maybe 3 clicks past the middle. my old zen could play it well below the middle and sound decent.
LOL
if you're considering getting a new media player see if you like the cowon j3. I've heard good things about it's sound quality and battery life.

also, you didn't answer my question about the 128kbps .aac conversion.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
if you're considering getting a new media player see if you like the cowon j3. I've heard good things about it's sound quality and battery life.

also, you didn't answer my question about the 128kbps .aac conversion.

they were at AAC, some albums are at apple lossless, no difference to me.
LOL
I mean, when you click on the device and it brings up the menu that has the version number of the software etc on it, if you scroll down there's an option that says "convert higher bit rate files to 128 kbps AAC" make sure that option isn't checked.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/lemoninfluence/itunes.png

Just because you ripped them from the CD at a high bit rate doesn't mean they're on your ipod at a higher bit rate.

Quote by element4433
Of course you won't be able to tell the difference between the songs with the iPod speaker.

Those speakers are horrible, if you're listening for quality. A good pair of headphones and you should be able to tell the difference between them like day and night.
lol ipod speaker. Seriously man?
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
Quote by migueltherocker
lol ipod speaker. Seriously man?

what the hell, why does everyone think I'm using the speaker from the ipod, I'm talking about listening to the music through headphones.
LOL
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I mean, when you click on the device and it brings up the menu that has the version number of the software etc on it, if you scroll down there's an option that says "convert higher bit rate files to 128 kbps AAC" make sure that option isn't checked.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i308/lemoninfluence/itunes.png

Just because you ripped them from the CD at a high bit rate doesn't mean they're on your ipod at a higher bit rate.

yeah I had that checked. It's either the bit rate I'm ripping them at or I need some new headphones.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
what the hell, why does everyone think I'm using the speaker from the ipod, I'm talking about listening to the music through headphones.

Because you said this:
Quote by SiKh22
no, I'm using the Ipod touch, not the headphones.

What kind of headphones are you using?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by thsrayas

Because you said this:

What kind of headphones are you using?

I meant to say not the headphones from Apple lol, opps.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
I meant to say not the headphones from Apple lol, opps.

To re-iterate this for the 300th time:

WHAT HEADPHONES ARE YOU USING?????????

PS: The volume difference between players is because different media players have different built-in amps. The iPod amp is simply weaker than the amp in your other player.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.