i have a problem with devoting time to guitar, though i have plenty of it (other addictions) and i've been side tracked for about 3 years.

now im finally setting things aside and wanted to further my skills as a guitarist but.. i don't know where i stand, level wise, skill wise, whatever you want to call it.

i can play roughly and song that doesn't involve chords in it simply by ear but when two more more strings are being struck at the same time, it takes me a while to figure out whats being played. i don't know how to read sheet music, i know some chords (a c d e f g, still working on B) and i don't know many songs mainly cause the songs i like..aren't played on guitar.

how do i go about finding where to start out again? i've been doing some free online beginer lessons and they're a bit too easy. if someone could help/relate to this situation that'd help alot, thanks.
I learned by myself just learning different songs (which is easy because i love metal) and just by jamming with people. I feel that every guitarist, whether there starting off or an experienced player, can teach us something
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by Crimse
i don't know many songs mainly cause the songs i like..aren't played on guitar.

But they can be. If you end up working for a cover band, sometimes you will get asked to learn a song which has no guitar in it (for example it is played on piano). If you know your chords, theory and scales, it's just a matter of recognising these and transposing it to the guitar.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
true enough.i mean, i guess i've already done it before (learned zelda's saria song n megaman songs lol) but i still dont know what i should be doing.
Quote by Crimse
true enough.i mean, i guess i've already done it before (learned zelda's saria song n megaman songs lol) but i still dont know what i should be doing.

Maybe write down your goals as far as what you want to be able to do. Then write down specifically what is involved in getting from here to there.

Now you know what you need to do. Find lessons and exercises that apply and get busy... or find a teacher who's willing to work toward your goals with you.