I have decided that I want this pedal but just before I buy it, I need a straight answer...

Can I use this pedal for solos from Metallica and Iron Maiden since those are the only bands I play. All I need this pedal to do Is make the solos smoother and clearer and add more sustain. I do not want a volume boost as I play on my own.

Thanks alot
Alot of people use this pedal as a cheap boost.

I've played using one a few times, they work really well as a boost, they add sustain, volume if you want it to, and also add some treble (which can be considered both a good and bad thing).. Weather you can get good Metallica or Iron Maiden tones out of it depends on what amp/guitar you have and your technique.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Can you decide if it gives a volume boost or not? I play a LTD EX-50 through a Blackstar ht-5 mini stack (Cranked)
I'd go for an EQ before a Bad Monkey as a solo boost, or at the very least a mid-hump sort of overdrive like a Tubescreamer.

The BM works better as a clean boost, which doesn't sound like what you're after for soloing.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Well, it has a volume nob, so if you dont want a volume boost just tweak the nob untill it's the same volume weather the pedal is on or off, just like with any pedal.

Yeah, as long as you have the right technique, you'll get close-ish tones with that gear.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
ah right ok. I was thinking about a TS7? I can't really afford the ts9. I could wait a while then get it maybe if it's worth it
TS7s are fine.

In fact, if you're handy with a soldering iron, there are a few very simple mods you can do to make it into a TS9 or TS808.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
If you can wait a while to save up money for something that you want, do it. Never settle for second best unless it's absolutly required.
ye Im still not sure about spending £100 on a pedal! It seems a bit too much money just to give my solos a bit of umph!
Bad monkey vs TS7? The ts7 seems to be the one since people say it sounds very similar to the ts9 which is the sound I want! But the Bad monkey also sounds good