So...I'm dying to get a Mesa Roadster...

...but I have this whole "lack of money" problem...thing.

But then I remembered...I have a Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 Reissue which is kind of collecting dust...

Its in great condition, and I almost never use it. The problem is that I have this emotional investment in the thing...

So, here's my question. Should I just suck it up, and sell the Les Paul, and get the Roadster? The same guitar is selling for around $1500 on CraigsList in my area, so it would almost be a flat trade. What would you guys do in my situation?

Also, as if this wasn't already implied, is the Roadster good enough to warrant the sale?

Help me make this decision people...

Thanks!

-Sean
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
IMO, if you dont use the guitar, like you say, there's not a lot of point keeping it.
If you're simply asking what I would do, if you're not using it and truly want the Roadster, I'd ignore emotional attachment and get rid of it for something I was going to use frequently.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The Roadster is amazing if you're into having an amp that is really tweakable and complicated. You can get some brilliant tones out of it, but it's all up to you and how much you like it personally at the end of the day.

If I had a 1960 reissue, I'd trade it for a Roadster any day, but I don't like Les Pauls, and that's just me.

But when sentimental value comes into the situation it can completly change everything, it completly depends on the situation.

Like I have a cheap Washburn guitar, but I would never trade it for anything in the world, because of what it means to me.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Well, I think I'm leaning towards selling it.

And yes, I'd love a tweakable complicated amp!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
an old rule is if you don't use something for a year, throw it away you will never miss it.

now that doesn't apply to a $1500 guitar, but you should get what i'm saying.

if you don't use it and won't miss it, where is the harm really?

you could always sell the amp and buy another if you freak out with remorse...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
an old rule is if you don't use something for a year, throw it away you will never miss it.

Yeah, go with this. I'm considering hocking my Epi LP Standard because I never play it, and I need monies to fuel my gear addiction, in particular, upgrading my Squier Telecaster standard (that Tele is a pleasure to play on, and thoroughly deserves an upgrade).
Well, sorry to waste your time guys...but I decided against it.

I decided when I realized that my emotional attachment ran pretty deep...

This is the guitar I grew with, and even if I'm not playing it much now, it means a lot to me. *sniff* We've been through a lot together!

I can wait a few months and save up for the amp...but I could never get this specific guitar back.
Quote by rmr024

Last edited by SLonergan at Aug 24, 2010,
^ Don't feel bad. I get that too haha.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by HellBoy9393
^ Don't feel bad. I get that too haha.

Glad I'm not the only lame-o who connects with inanimate objects!
Quote by rmr024

well if you grew up with it and then sell it, you might as well have never lived your childhood and stepped straight into adulthood.

if it means that much to you, don't sell it. just be patient and save up more.
Epiphone Les Paul Owner.
Kind of wish I hadn't sold my Epi LP. First guitar and had it for 5 years... but it was holding me back, from the start it was a lemon, pretty poorly made guitar.. but I learned on it and got really comfortable with it.

But if I hadn't sold it, I never would have gotten a better guitar.

Sometimes I wish I could just play it again though.