what software is required to sync all single/separate tracks (i.e. drum, bass programming) as one to create a song???

I'm looking at: SM57 guitar/amp mic + Steven Slate Drums 3.5 ex Library + Broomstick Bass software....

what else is nesessary to complete a recording process, like maybe Reaper (the DAW) and some kind of interface like a podcastudio/firewire????
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
The DAW is where you put everything together, it will also host your VSTis, the drums and bass. Reaper seems to be an inexpensive favorite. An interface will then send the signal from your mic into your DAW. In the DAW you'll have separate tracks for each input, be it the mic, drums, or bass. That's pretty much all there is to it.
Yep you need a DAW, and Reaper is what most will suggest for the nice price and features.

Hardware you will need to record is as follows:
Audio interface
Mics, cables, stands
Monitors and headphones
A fair desktop computer (or laptop made to be a "desktop replacement"
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by moody07747
Yep you need a DAW, and Reaper is what most will suggest for the nice price and features.

Hardware you will need to record is as follows:
Audio interface
Mics, cables, stands
Monitors and headphones
A fair desktop computer (or laptop made to be a "desktop replacement"

but as for the drum software... it suggests to use "Firewire800" and for a laptop (Win.XP SP2) not sure if all I need is the pci card only, or everything "firewire800-" oriented : adapter, cable, hub, port, usb... WoW...thats a lot of firewire800 (1394b) interface stuff...

it DOES say "interface"... so I am guessing this is the hardware that would cover me as far as interface hardware goes, eh?

On the contrary, I did run across this: Firewire 800pro express/34 card which has two 9-pin FireWire 800 ports + FireWire 800 Pro ExpressCard/34 adapter to add the necessary ports that may be needed other than the "two-9-pin" thing.
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory