Budget: 500

Best and most versatile Agile guitar. Amp is line 6 valve. i play fusion/shred and metal and classic rock

You do realize how fail that post was right?

If you want an Agile look at everything within your budget? no?
Quote by siverstorm

lolwut? i just want opinions on what you guys think is the best agile. i have no experience buying from them and i just need honest opinions and reviews haha ur post makes no sense
i think any agile thats like $450 is best for you(assuming shipping is $50..)

any of their guitars can play those genres you suggested, and quality/features goes up as you pay more
Seriously look at a $400 LP copy.

Problem solved.

All of the Agile line are talked about for being great for the money. I can't see why certain models should be better or worse than others in the same price range.

How did my post make no sense?

www.rondomusic.com

whatever you pick people are going to say "It's a great guitar for the money"

You've been on UG for a year now you should know what everyone thinks of them.
with 500 bucks to spend i would go better then an agile. ESP LTD line, Ibanez, Epiphone (owned by gibson) hell maybe even a used fender fat strat.
Just find what is best for your style, fusion/shred + metal give you alot of possabilities, and even tho every guy in ****ing classic rock plays or played a gibson or a fender a good classic rock tone can be achieved on alot of other styled guitars, so just do some research, play alot of different guitars and no their specs, and keep a personal record (mine is mental, dont waste some pencil and paper for it) of what specs you desire, then also broaden your horizens beyond just agiles and you will find a great guitar, trust me i found my dream guitar for 425 bucks and i couldn't belive it, i play it more than my les paul, no guitar is better than another, all different tones give different tastes, although some are almost unanimous agreements, you have to find what YOU and not ur your neighbor guitar whiz Bob says you should get
Eh.
Quote by Alucard817
with 500 bucks to spend i would go better then an agile. ESP LTD line, Ibanez, Epiphone (owned by gibson) hell maybe even a used fender fat strat.

I wouldn't call that better. Most guitars in the price range the same as agiles aren't usually any better from experience.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by siverstorm

.............WHAT?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
ESP: H-1001
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Digitech DT Whammy
Ibanez Sweeping Demon
Earthquake Bit Commander
Tone Mob Model 001 Fuzz Generator
DOD Bone Shaker
Stomp Under Foot Sonic Warfare
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Headache thread. Basically the whole range from the AL-2500 up are the same guitar. Pick the model that has the particular features you want (I'm an AL-3100 kinda guy because I prefer MOP to abalone) and order.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Spending 500.00 on any guitar you can not walk into any music store and try is a crap shoot at best.Ever notice people tend to use the qualifier .... for the money when talking about Agiles? It means they expect a piece of shit and are ok with settling for crap instead of total shit. A guitar is great or it is firewood. Period.Weather it costs 5 or 5000 dollars.It is your money spend it as you wish.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
They are great for the money because they don't have to get marked up by Guitar Center or Sam Ash like all the other guitar makers. I tend to think most companies over charge for what you are actually getting, compared to what it really cost to produce.

I got mine used at Sam Ash and it was well worth the money. Everytime I pick it up and play I can't believe how cheap they sell them for. The only area they went cheap on was the LFR. Everything else is top notch.

Agile also has great customer service. Something is broke or missing when you recieve guitar, call them up and they will take care of it right away.

I've said it more than once but I honestly feel Agile WILL be the next Ibanez or Schecter. It may take 5-10 years but the product is just as good as the main guitar makers.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
OP if you spend $500 on an epi....your wasting money.
An AL-3000 is just as good if not better then a high end Epi. People with the AL-3000's(and 2000's) claim they are just as good as some Gibsons(who knows).
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
OP if you spend $500 on an epi....your wasting money.
Wrong

Quote by teamhex
An AL-3000 is just as good if not better then a high end Epi.
A 'high-end' Epiphone is the same as a mid-range Epiphone. Your point is uninformative and misleading.

Quote by teamhex
People with the AL-3000's(and 2000's) claim they are just as good as some Gibsons(who knows).
Yeah, and some people who own MG's claim they're just as good (if not better) than, oh I dunno, a JCM 800. I've owned an Agile, and I've owned several Epiphone LP's. In every case the Epiphone was the better guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by spacec0wboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaxIQNkirk

I think this could fit well in thread.

Idk, the sound he got from both was pretty standard. A lil bit of eq and dicking around with the tone knobs could get you a similar sound from both. Perhaps a clean sound would be better for a comparision?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

I don't think that video is a good tool to use for comparison.

I mean alot of guitar can sound the same, it's the quality of construction that matters most.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
The fact that a $400 Agile can sound nearly identical to a >$2000 Gibson alone should prove that Agile's are incredibly affordable and high quality instruments. Not to mention the fact that they're made in Korea compared to Epiphones which are made in China. They also use quality components in they're instruments, such as Grover tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups on some models. Now, granted, a high end Agile($500) will not be better than a high end Epiphone Elitist(>$1000), it's still a much better value and instrument than a sub $700 Epiphone.
Gear:
Jackson DXMG
Schecter 006 Deluxe
BC Rich Revenge Warlock
Jasmine Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by spacec0wboy at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by NIN1993
.............WHAT?

WOW.

TS wants an agile, all he says is $500 and versatile.

If you actually GO to the site you'll see the guitars are listed cheapest to most expensive RIGHT?

"Look at everything within your budget"

What do you THINK I meant? If you knew anything, you would notice that most of the $400+ Agile LPs have:

Two Type V Alnico humbucker pickups for warm, tradional sound

Meaning its all the same...and TS just has to pick his favourite damn finish.

I can't believe I just had to describe "everything within your budget..." to someone my own damn age...

Definitely a headache thread. I see where siverstorm is coming from though. OP has already narrowed down his choice( down to agile ), its up to him to choose what specs he wants from a guitar.
Quote by ch0
Wrong

A 'high-end' Epiphone is the same as a mid-range Epiphone. Your point is uninformative and misleading.

Yeah, and some people who own MG's claim they're just as good (if not better) than, oh I dunno, a JCM 800. I've owned an Agile, and I've owned several Epiphone LP's. In every case the Epiphone was the better guitar.

Can you even read? I clearly said....if you buy a high end epiphone...your wasting your money. Maybe I should have continued to spell it out.
They aren't any better or worse then the $225 agiles. Hence your wasting your money buying an epiphone(especially a high end one when you could get a faded studio).
I dont care what your experience with agile was, mine plays almost as well as my studio and iv read way to many reviews saying their awesome. I'm not trying to compare them a Gibson, but other people have and claim they own standards. Harmony Central is a place I trust for reviews.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Aug 25, 2010,
Agile's in general are pretty damn good guitars, not even taking into account of the low price. Alot of ERG players (including myself) have had great experiences with Agile 7 and 8 strings, and it shouldnt be any different for their 6 strings.
Quote by teamhex
Can you even read? I clearly said....if you buy a high end epiphone...your wasting your money. Maybe I should have continued to spell it out.
They aren't any better or worse then the $225 agiles. Hence your wasting your money buying an epiphone(especially a high end one when you could get a faded studio).
Sorry Chief, but you said that an AL-3000 is better than a high-end Epiphone. Well, high-end Epiphone's run a little more than $500, so telling him that spending his $500 on a such a guitar is misleading [and, ergo, uninformative] as $500 wouldn't buy him an Elitest.

Do I have to spell it out for you more?

Quote by teamhex
I dont care what your experience with agile was, mine plays almost as well as my studio and iv read way to many reviews saying their awesome. I'm not trying to compare them a Gibson, but other people have and claim they own standards. Harmony Central is a place I trust for reviews.
What? lol

You claim to trust the reviews on HC, some of which I've written by-the-by, but refuse mine when it's posted here?

Or how about my Carvin Legacy, as an example. I bought it off it's original owner. This guy ordered it, played it for 20 minutes, gave it a sparkling review on HC, then a month later he sold it to me for half of what he paid because he decided it wasn't any of the things he'd described it as in his HC review.

Circumstantial bs is circumstantial, and still bs.

TS, if you want to know what Agile would be for you I'd suggest you simply pony up and buy one. If you don't like it then you're out the cost of shipping; just send the guitar back. I'm personally having a hard time keeping my trigger finger away from that CSB 2900. Alas, once bitten and all that.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by siverstorm
WOW.

TS wants an agile, all he says is $500 and versatile.

If you actually GO to the site you'll see the guitars are listed cheapest to most expensive RIGHT?

"Look at everything within your budget"

What do you THINK I meant? If you knew anything, you would notice that most of the $400+ Agile LPs have:

Meaning its all the same...and TS just has to pick his favourite damn finish.

I can't believe I just had to describe "everything within your budget..." to someone my own damn age...

Somebody has a superiority complex?
Quote by odian4
Somebody has a superiority complex?

It's not a superiority complex when it regards to common sense.
Quote by siverstorm
It's not a superiority complex when it regards to common sense.

Maybe if you didn't come off as a pretentious douche I wouldn't think you have one. Try explaining things a bit slower, not everyone can be as "smart" and have enough "common sense" as you.
Quote by odian4
Maybe if you didn't come off as a pretentious douche I wouldn't think you have one. Try explaining things a bit slower, not everyone can be as "smart" and have enough "common sense" as you.

Wow, if you have to be smart to understand "look at everything within your budget" then I MUST be a goddamned genius.

Thank you for enlightening me on that fact.

EDIT: before anything else stupid is said, I'll just leave this thread before my superiority complex rubs off on too many people.
Quote by siverstorm
Wow, if you have to be smart to understand "look at everything within your budget" then I MUST be a goddamned genius.

EDIT: before anything else stupid is said, I'll just leave this thread before my superiority complex rubs off on too many people.

dude. the best agile is basically any 500$ one. they're pretty smart and make all guitars in each price range the same value.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by siverstorm

i knew exactly what you were saying.

he's got $500 and knows what brand he wants.
so, pick a finish, shape and bridge and be done wt it.
$500 agiles are all the same.

i would think the ts knows better which color he wants more than i do.

if ts is looking for alternatives, then by all means, look used.

there are some SUPER values out there for $500, provided you have access to
craigslist.

everything from american fenders to the occasional epi elitist.
(which, everyone knows, is the best epi out there.)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Alucard817

doesn't mean anything these days.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I suggest 7string for added range and versatility?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3