Hey, I have an Ibanez JS100, i brought it to a store today for the guy to have a look at and when I got home, the bridge pickuo had no sound whatsoever! All he did was look at the tone pot, didn't go near the pickuo or touch the wires, any advice pleeeeease!!!

~Zelig
Been Dazed and Confused...
Open the cavity and check all the solder points are wires
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
Open the cavity and check all the solder points are wires

This.

Make sure no wires are disconnected - ESPECIALLY the jack. It's hard to see with a JS100/1000/whatever but that's the most common place for them to break.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The wires won't be connected to anything.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yup, I have a small black wire just floating around. It looks like it was attached to a part of the tone pot... Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: Okay, so I messed around with it plugged in, I wish I had a camera right now...

Basically, there's a small black wire attached to a larger green wire, coming thru the cavity from the pickups to the tone pot. There's another black wire, this one from a larger red wire(and presumably the bridge pick-up) that's welded unto the tone pot, I plugged in the guitar, and when I touched the black wire to the sodered metal, the pickup started working, is there a way to hold it in place without some sort of professional work?
Last edited by ZeligtheAxMan at Aug 24, 2010,
Yeah, you solder it in place. Soldering is a really simple skill and a very useful one to have as a guitarist.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
All right, my Dad's been workin with metal and electronics since he was a kid so he'll know how to do this. Koshman, oneBlackend, thank you both very much for you advice and help, this is what makes UG's forums awesome!!!

~Zelig