do you find that with modern metal, the show is much better if the vocalist doesnt have a guitar? like do you feel its less awesome when u dont see a vocalist running around and going nuts?
Megadeth and Metallica.

That is all.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
It depends on what kind of metal we're talking about here. If we're talking technical death metal and shit, which is all complex beats and what have you, obviously you're not gonna be headbanging around and having fun cause you're trying to play your parts good (god bless Opeth for trying) but if you've got say alt metal, where you see Pete Loefller from Chevelle headbanging alot and stuff.

TL: DR its like my crandfather's diapers. Depends.
Quote by smartalec007
Megadeth and Metallica.

That is all.

+1

Children of Bodom is another

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Devin Townsend. Seriously. The only band I've seen with a more impressive and imposing stage show is Iron Maiden, and *maybe* Heaven and Hell.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by guitarmageddon0
do you find that with modern metal, the show is much better if the vocalist doesnt have a guitar? like do you feel its less awesome when u dont see a vocalist running around and going nuts?

No because that annoys me... Especially if it's hindering their vocal abilities. I would rather it sound good than look good (retarded)...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Everybody seems to be talking about bands that have awesome stage presence, but the thread title says otherwise? I'm confused.
Quote by MetalOblivion93
The Philosopher = Smart
The Philosopher = Win

Quote by sashki
Slayer wrote a negative song about you because you considered the possibility of them writing a positive song.

JOIN THE PS3 ALLIANCE GROUP
^^^

I used to go and see Airbourne before they were signed.. when they were just another local band, playing to small pubs with 10 or 15 people in them.. Joel used to go completely nuts even then!

I honestly don't know how he does it. I play in a 3 piece hard rock band as the vocalist/guitarist. I feel like I'm trapped in the one spot the whole time, because I'm either right behind the mic stand, or I'm taking a solo. And when I take a solo I tend to look at the fretboard a whole lot. Sometimes I think it'd be great to have another guitarist there to take solos just so I could move around a bit.
Quote by The Philosopher
Everybody seems to be talking about bands that have awesome stage presence, but the thread title says otherwise? I'm confused.

I think they are retorting.
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
Quote by jimejames
^^^

I used to go and see Airbourne before they were signed.. when they were just another local band, playing to small pubs with 10 or 15 people in them.. Joel used to go completely nuts even then!

I honestly don't know how he does it. I play in a 3 piece hard rock band as the vocalist/guitarist. I feel like I'm trapped in the one spot the whole time, because I'm either right behind the mic stand, or I'm taking a solo. And when I take a solo I tend to look at the fretboard a whole lot. Sometimes I think it'd be great to have another guitarist there to take solos just so I could move around a bit.

i dont have this problem. True, i dont sing all of the songs (we share vocal duties with the other guitarist), but when i do, i always walk or jump ar prance around the stage pretty much everytime im not singing. If i have a solo at that point, i just step a couple of steps from the mic. But it sure helps to have another guitarist to back you up during solos or instrumental parts, and have him solo a bit so you can act all crazy. About Airtbourne tho, they seem to improvise and jam a lot on stage, so Joel has a lot of time to run around and do his thing. Look at the Girls in black live at wacken video for a perfect example.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by btones
It depends on what kind of metal we're talking about here. If we're talking technical death metal and shit, which is all complex beats and what have you, obviously you're not gonna be headbanging around and having fun cause you're trying to play your parts good (god bless Opeth for trying) but if you've got say alt metal, where you see Pete Loefller from Chevelle headbanging alot and stuff.

TL: DR its like my crandfather's diapers. Depends.

what.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I have found Metal shows to be the most boring shows out of all the ones I've been to, honestly. The style of music is terribly hard to mix properly live, and outside of the mosh pit the crowd is stagnant.

EDIT: As a flame deterent I've been to the following Metal shows:

Atreyu
Mastodon
Baroness
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engaged
Chevelle (It's kinda metal)
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
I have found Metal shows to be the most boring shows out of all the ones I've been to, honestly. The style of music is terribly hard to mix properly live, and outside of the mosh pit the crowd is stagnant.

Atreyu
Mastodon
Baroness
Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engaged

Given the bands you listed I'm not surprised you were bored.

That goes for a lot of metal bands, actually.
I saw Trivium back in March, and Matt had plenty of stage prescence considering he sings and plays. Plus, Corey and Paolo do a fair bit of back-up vocals and still have a great prescence. They tend to swap between mic stands at times, and pretty much any time he's not singing, Matt is headbanging, making eye-contact and gestures to the crowd, etc.
Quote by The Philosopher

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuttal
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by asator
Given the bands you listed I'm not surprised you were bored.

That goes for a lot of metal bands, actually.

I always find it awkward watching bands with a vocalist not playing an instrument, during instrumental sections.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by rooster456

Atreyu
Mastodon
Baroness

Five Finger Death Punch
Killswitch Engaged

Those two are AMAZING live. Especially Baroness...best live band ever.
Quote by goest
Those two are AMAZING live. Especially Baroness...best live band ever.

I saw them together in Madison back in May. The show was outdoors at like 3pm. Maybe the timing had something to do with it. I'm a huge fan of Masto's work in the studio, but they just don't carry over the same magic live, I felt.

Baroness was good. I just put them on the list because I saw them and they're metal, not because I disliked them.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by TheBurningFish
(Invalid img)

Probably, yes.
Quote by rooster456
I saw them together in Madison back in May. The show was outdoors at like 3pm. Maybe the timing had something to do with it. I'm a huge fan of Masto's work in the studio, but they just don't carry over the same magic live, I felt.

Baroness was good. I just put them on the list because I saw them and they're metal, not because I disliked them.

The only thing I've noticed with Mastodon's live show is that, during this long, drawn-out tour behind Crack the Skye, they seem to be getting bored playing the first half of their set. The second set brings the thundah, though.
I wouldn't really say that's true. I saw Taking Dawn live, their singer plays guitar, but he still had tons of energy.
I know Coheed aren't metal but look at Claudio Sanchez's stage presence. When he's not singing during they're heavier songs he's usually thrashing around and showing his guitar some love. Someone already mention Megadeth and Metallica but Tom from Slayer has awesome stage presence even though he plays bass. I'd rather see someone playing guitar anyday over twirling a mike around.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Quote by rgrockr
From what I've seen Airbourne has great stage presence. They're more like hard rock than metal though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobVCYbSpKU&feature=search

I get to see them in a few weeks.

i saw them a couple of months ago with my friend who hates that sort of rock but we both came out saying it was the greatest show we have EVER seen. they were so awesome
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
I like it when everyone's holding a guitar. Even the drummer.

And the bassist having one too.
i know it's not metal,but Cage the Elephant has an amazing stage presence,and the lead singer doesn't have a guitar,amazing mosh pits to that stuff.
Quote by FatherTime1200
i know it's not metal,but Cage the Elephant has an amazing stage presence,and the lead singer doesn't have a guitar,amazing mosh pits to that stuff.

Cage the Elephant are awesome.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.