Hai guys.

I have no idea where to put this. I guess its kind of an acoustic? Im not around that forum much though, so I figured I would put it here.

Im looking to get a cheap ukulele just to play around with and have a little fun with.

I would perfer to buy one new because this would be my first. If I play to get serious about this, I will buy a nicer new one.

So what do you guys recommend? Im willing to spend about 50 bucks.

I understand those are all pretty cheaply made and have poorish sound, but Im looking for the best of them.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Pretty much the first 4 are ones that Im thinking about.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Folk---Traditional-Instruments.gc?src=ukulele&o=1
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Aug 24, 2010,
did you hear that guitar center ad on the radio this past weekend? yea i kinda want to get one also hah. $30 can't go wrong really why the eff not.

as for which ones are good i really have no idea. I think i'm going to pick up the $30ish one and mess around for a bit with it and if i like it after a while i'll get a better one later on.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Quote by redhotsexmagic
did you hear that guitar center ad on the radio this past weekend? yea i kinda want to get one also hah. $30 can't go wrong really why the eff not.

as for which ones are good i really have no idea. I think i'm going to pick up the $30ish one and mess around for a bit with it and if i like it after a while i'll get a better one later on.

I didn't happen to catch it. What was it?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've been looking at Ukes as well lately. A friend of mine just picked this up, and she loves it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KALOS-Pinapple-Soprano-Concert-Tenor-Ukulele-Gigbag-/170527261186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Sounds great from what I've heard. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet...

EDIT: Coheed is the shit
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
I'll take a look at those. Thanks.

And yes, they are!

Take it to the Coheed thread with all of us
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I was playing an Ibanez one in the store the other week that was only $40 and it seemed decent quality in comparison to the other more expensive ones($80-$120) and sounded fine. I want to get one myself cause they're fun as hell and easy to play.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
I was playing an Ibanez one in the store the other week that was only $40 and it seemed decent quality in comparison to the other more expensive ones($80-$120) and sounded fine. I want to get one myself cause they're fun as hell and easy to play.

Any idea on the model?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
eeeer bump. might buy one soon.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!

This is mine. It r00lz.

Yeah, for 50, you won't get much. Expect shoddy craftsmanship and suspicious looking tuners. But the instrument will be playable and that's pretty much all that matters, I guess.