i recently replaced my humbucker with a single coil to my Godin SD22. I printed off a wiring schematic from guitar electronics (http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUSSS5L1101) and after i wired it, these were the positions.

1. Neck
2. neck, middle
3. Middle with hints of neck and bridge
4. neck middle bridge
5. neck middle bridge

what could i be doing wrong or wiring wrong?
i followed the schematic exactly
maybe the wires are touching or oyu have some solder or something that is making a connetcion when it shouldnt
or some other wiring mistake like wrong positiong on the switch
no i checked all the connections joints everything nothing is touching.
but i was thinking, does it matter which way you wire it? i mean wire it accordingly to the front or the back?
i checked that
still doesnt matter
in fact it makes it worse

the stock Godin coils have 3 wires whereas the new one has 2 and the diagram has as well. does it matter with one is not used?
The third wire is probably ground, is it bare (no plastic covering)?
If it is, the bare one should be going to ground.
Quote by Steve46
thanks alot ice condition!! your the breast!

The best bosom in all of UG.
Do you have the same (type) switch as shown on schematic?
If no go to wiring thread, there are switches used in guitars and explenation how they work.
For me it seams you solder in wrong pin something.
Maby post picture of your electronics...
Two possibilities come to mind:
1) a wire or solder is accidentally touching two terminals
2) perhaps while you were soldering, you heated up the switch too much and the internal contacts melted.

FYI, those diagrams show the components from the back side (knobs facing away from you).
Ok then when you looking on it from metal cover site, first 3 pins(left) are signal(red wire) each for one pickup/ 2 middle pins are volume control...should be solder togeter and goes to volume pot/ 3pins at end (right) are pups (white wire) / black wire soldered to the vol pot cover.

and remember if you solder red wires from pickups in schem - 1st pin first pickup/2nd middle pickup itc... Same ways should be placed white wires.

Last edited by gizmoss at Aug 24, 2010,
Ok then when you looking on it from metal cover site, first 3 pins(left) are signal(red wire) each for one pickup/ 2 middle pins are volume control...should be solder togeter and goes to volume pot/ 3pins at end (right) are pups (white wire) / black wire soldered to the vol pot cover.

and remember if you solder red wires from pickups in schem - 1st pin first pickup/2nd middle pickup itc... Same ways should be placed white wires.

what is the difference between the signal wire and the pup wire?

only 2 of the pups have 3 wires, the 3rd one has 2

and how do i tell what wire is which i just have white, black and black
Sorry I din't know why I read you have red/white/black wires

Do you have a multimeter? If so measure dif' wire combination. Take the highest reading and wire it up like in picture above witchout second part (only first 3 pins and volume).
One other thing...Does pickups have metal cover?...Its could be extra ground.
Last edited by gizmoss at Aug 25, 2010,
If your pickup has a white and two blacks, ground the blacks. One will be case ground and the other will be end of the coil.
Thanks for all your help guys
i got it working

the answer was in the wiring thread that i posted under.

i just had to solder the volume wire across 2 terminals, never would have thought of that lol

and there plastic covers, i assume it was 2 grounds.