So i recently picked up some new material from a band im listening to... ( it isnt new... its just stuff i havent listened to, ofc its alot "Fresher" than the stuff i'v recently listened to)

And i came to understand... that every new Album... most of the songs in it... have abit,piece from an old track. Its either a chorus from an old track that was made into a verse, a part of a solo, the exact solo with pedal notes changed and stuff like that.

And while the tracks them selfs are ok.. this fact really puts me down. It makes me think that the band really lacks creativity, and its hard to believe since theyr past albums were so great.

It's about Megadeth...

So how should one cope with stuff like this ?
I even got an idea that theyr success during late 80s-late 90s was due to Marty Friedman, so i went and got some of his solo albums...
And guess what... it sounded great..

And while its fun to broaden your list of music... it still doesnt feel ok...
Last edited by DocArunas at Aug 24, 2010,
I'm not sure where you're going with this. But if it's about ripping yourself off... well, I got news for you, pal. Bands plagiarize themselves all the time. And with only 12 notes in the musical language, most bands containing the exact same instrumentation from album to album, and usually having the same style, it's not a foregone conclusion that a band will occasionally find themselves writing something very similar to a past song. It's a bit much to expect a band to completely reinvent themselves with every single song they write.

And honestly, a lot of fans would hate it if a band did something drastically different all the time. I know I wouldn't, but most fans of music, especially in metal, absolutely hate change of any kind.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
overreactin much? Its just a band and just some music.

"So how should one cope with stuff like this ?"
Your making it sound like your whole family just died in a horrific car accident or something.

If it makes you feel any better, you are right. Their later stuff is worse than their earlier stuff but then again there are lots of other bands where that is the general consensus.

Personally, when i feel like a little Megadeth its usually Rust in Peace for me and pretty much nothing else.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Look at Appetite For Destruction , the album is regarded as a RNR staple. Most of the songs on that song are either in E A or G. As with most any other GN'R song. Most rock/metal bands are the same way. If it sounds good then it's good. Period.
For good sake don't listen to AC/DC you may commit suicide
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Lol people don't take me so serious.... i mean there are bands like Dream theater... and everytime they do something its diffrent, and about megadeth. Its not the feel of the song that similar.. its litteraly the riff/solo thats exatly the same
Quote by DocArunas
Lol people don't take me so serious.... i mean there are bands like Dream theater... and everytime they do something its diffrent, and about megadeth. Its not the feel of the song that similar.. its litteraly the riff/solo thats exatly the same

When you are a rock/metal band and are around for that long of a time eventually you'll have tunes that are along the same lines....I don't see the issue as long as it's not on a Nickelback level.
Quote by DocArunas

Of course no one takes you seriously. You're asking how to "cope" with the fact that Megadeth recycles riffs.
Listen to more King Crimson, Grateful Dead, Donovan and Yes and less Megadeth and you won't have to cope with this.

There is nothing wrong with not liking Megadeth. You don't have to 'cope' with anything, just admit to the world that you don't think Dave Mustaine is perfect. You actually will continue to exist.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Aug 24, 2010,
A thrash band recycling shit they did 20 years ago? Say it isn't so!
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by DocArunas

Lol, Dream Theater do that all the time, ie 'Overture 1928' has a guitar solo which is the vocal melody of 'Home', and another solo which is the piano melody of 'One Last Time'. Although admittedly that is intentional as the whole album is part of a story.

I can sort of understand what you mean though, but just keep listening to new music, there's a lot of good stuff out there waiting to get discovered, any band is gonna sound repetitive if you keep listening to them.
It's not like the band didn't want to reuse some old riffs in a new way to make a new song or anything. God forbid that happens.

I personally love when bands have the same riffs and things in a different style or place in another song, it makes it feel like the music they make isn't of itself but rather a larger collective thing.

Or maybe thats just 'cos I picked up on it listening to Coheed and Cambria and their music is part of a bigger thing...

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
You could always revamp your sound completely. But then fans would bitch about that.
See a counsellor, talk to your family, see a doctor and get some anti depressents. You aren't alone.