Atm in in drop b and playing Slipknot, but when I play my sound is getting washed out and just a mess so you can hardly hear what i'm playing. My mt-2 settings (o' clock) are Level:12 High:2 Bass:4 Middle:7 Mid Frequency:11 Distortion:2 then going throug my ns-2 to amp.
Less bass and more mids I say?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Is this a regular guitar that you've tuned down to drop B without any other kind of adjustment? If your strings are loose, that'll really **** the sound over.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Is this a regular guitar that you've tuned down to drop B without any other kind of adjustment? If your strings are loose, that'll really **** the sound over.

This makes a lot of sense....but i've been in drop b with 11's and even 12's before and it's not a huge difference...
More mids. Now.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Mopy
Less bass and more mids I say?

Didnt you read the OP? His bass is on 4, mids on 7.

I'd say get your guitar set up with a thicker gauge of strings, that'll help your strings ring out better.
Quote by Stud_Muffin

he said "oclock" so im guessing 7oclock would be pretty much no mids.

TS, more mids.
Quote by CreepingDeath13
he said "oclock" so im guessing 7oclock would be pretty much no mids.

TS, more mids.

Wow, apologies needed, haha, my bad.

Maybe I should learn to tell the time, sometime soon.
My experiance

More mids = muddier

Less mids = tighter

No mids = wat

Though slipknot use orange amps, which are naturally muddy and flubby sounding.

Put your mids at about half, cut some off the bass, more treble. Eq your amp in a similar fashion. Or pretend your dime scoop the mids out (not alll) on your amp and put the treble and bass up, use your pedal to dime the mids and loose the treble and bass. Just for lulz.

Also consider the fact you're playing a MT2 through a marshall MG, probably isnt the best recipe for tone.
Last edited by beckyjc at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by beckyjc
My experiance

More mids = muddier

Less mids = tighter

No mids = wat

Though slipknot use orange amps, which are naturally muddy and flubby sounding.

Put your mids at about half, cut some off the bass, more treble. Eq your amp in a similar fashion. Or pretend your dime scoop the mids out (not alll) on your amp and put the treble and bass up, use your pedal to dime the mids and loose the treble and bass. Just for lulz.

Also consider the fact you're playing a MT2 through a marshall MG, probably isnt the best recipe for tone.

Mick uses rivera atm actually , but anyway i'm selling and saving for a peavay vk 100 hopefully and by then the mg and mt2 will be gone
Well, im not much of a slipknot fan, i dont keep up to date. Last time i saw anything from them they were using rockerverbs.

You can do better than the valveking if you're into metal though.
Quote by Stud_Muffin

I'd say get your guitar set up with a thicker gauge of strings, that'll help your strings ring out better.

...o'clock...

That's 0 mids.

TS...here's your problem...and I'm going to put this as delicately as possible.

You're playing through a crappy distortion pedal into a crappy amp...and you're EQing the pedal all wrong...and if you're EQing the Pedal that badly, I can only assume that your MG is EQ'd terribly as well.

Also, you probably have very floppy strings, as I'm willing to bet you just tuned down your guitar from standard to Drop B.

In short...thicker strings, more mids.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by conor-figgy
drop b and playing Slipknot My mt-2 settings (o' clock) are Level:12 High:2 Bass:4 Middle:7 Mid Frequency:11 Distortion:2 then going throug my ns-2 to amp.

Last edited by archenemyfan at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by SLonergan
...o'clock...

That's 0 mids.

TS...here's your problem...and I'm going to put this as delicately as possible.

You're playing through a crappy distortion pedal into a crappy amp...and you're EQing the pedal all wrong...and if you're EQing the Pedal that badly, I can only assume that your MG is EQ'd terribly as well.

Also, you probably have very floppy strings, as I'm willing to bet you just tuned down your guitar from standard to Drop B.

In short...thicker strings, more mids.

s'ok! you're helping me!
Quote by archenemyfan

There are your problems

See? There you go. Much better way to explain it.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by conor-figgy
s'ok! you're helping me!

I'm trying...I find that being really nice just makes me add in a lot of unnecessary words.

My aggressive post was certainly not a personal attack on you...almost all of us scoop our mids into oblivion in the beginning.

Welcome to your endless search for the perfect tone!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
I'm trying...I find that being really nice just makes me add in a lot of unnecessary words.

My aggressive post was certainly not a personal attack on you...almost all of us scoop our mids into oblivion in the beginning.

Welcome to your endless search for the perfect tone!

Personal attack? Nah! When someones wrong you gotta tell them!
But thanks for the advice!