Page 1 of 2
My highschool has recently become an independant public school. This basically means they act like a private school, but are still public.
They've been implementing a few tough policies but yesterday they overstepped the mark.

Between recess and lunch there was a 'Uniform Blitz' with admin going to all of the year 9 classes and checking uniforms were correct. This may seem reasonable, but they were very over the top. They gave detentions to people who's skirts were too high (reasonable), for girls wearing stockings that cut off before the foot, for wearing a regular hirt under the school jumper (no school uniform shirt), and for wearing coloured shoes. They have suggested that each day this will happen for a different year level, and suvere punishments will be in place if we dont conform.

Some people were wearing blue shoes (school colour) which were fine last week, but yesterday were given detention for. We have been told we are not allowed to wear black socks with white shoes or vice/versa. Our shoes must not have a speck of colour on them and even sandshoes with thin lines of light blue are a no no. We are no longer allowed coloured socks. Girls wearing stockings may only do so with skirts, they must not wear stockings and shorts.

So what did we do? Did we submit to these regulations?
Hell no.

Mainly we year 12's but many from other years have joined forces to wear as colourful socks as we can. Today not too many (the facebook group was only made last night) walked the corridors wearing bright bedsocks, fluro stockings and colourful shoes. We will be doing this all week to try and get the school admin to realise we ARE NOT a private school, and to stop forcing us to be. We are staging a revolution.

So pit, thoughts on the issue? Or tried to get your own school to change its rules? Post away

Tl;dr: Nazi school admin tried to turn our public school private, we retorted by wearing colourful footware.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Move over, rosa parks.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Move over, rosa parks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand /thread

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Well, I'm sure that those socks will make a difference.

They'll just throw you all in dentention. They can't be seen giving in, or else no one will ever take them seriously.

Anyway, 6th Forms round here let your wear pretty much whatever you like.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Start wearing some Che Guvara shirts
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
They cant throw ~300 kids (people who have responded attending on Fb) in detention
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
When I was in 8th grade they changed the dress code rules at our school to something inane (like not wearing a certain type of shoe or something). The day after, everyone was wearing brightly colored knee socks. We were only 12 or so at the time so everyone pretty much forgot about it after that though

Now, even though the dress code/uniform rules are stricter, everyone in my grade's just thinking "I'm graduating in 8 months" so no one really cares now.
cat
Quote by Speckled_Hen

They'll just throw you all in dentention. They can't be seen giving in, or else no one will ever take them seriously.

Guitar Pro songs (All C4C):
[thread="1421028"]"Red Flag"[/thread]
[thread="1347177"]"Smile!"[/thread]
[thread="1339706"]"Drifted"[/thread]
[thread="876706"]"Lynna"[/thread]
[thread="700362"]"Airwaves"[/thread]
Whoa what a badass. Life is full of doing stuff you hate because someone in charge says so. Since they're not breaking any law just cut the teenage "looking for a cause to fight" bullshit and just get used to it.
Oh aren't all of you non-school attenders mature, completely forgetting what it's like to be a school child under the age of 16 (particularly the US students who didn't pick up the experience of wearing strict compulsory uniform).
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Amos_Moses
Whoa what a badass. Life is full of doing stuff you hate because someone in charge says so. Since they're not breaking any law just cut the teenage "looking for a cause to fight" bullshit and just get used to it.

Right, because standing up for your ideals is just dumb. Going with the flow regardless is the way to go. The fact that they are in power makes them right. Might makes right.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
We lived and learned and now we're trying to use our experience to keep you younger people from waisting your time.

They're socks, not civil rights or some great cause to better humanity. Its a goddamn wardrobe and you will always have a dress code in life.
Last edited by Amos_Moses at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Amos_Moses
We lived and learned and now we're trying to use our experience to keep you younger people from waisting your time.

They're socks, not civil rights or some great cause to better humanity. Its a goddamn wardrobe and you will always have a dress code in life.

For a 13 year old, his life and world is his school life. Being concerned about that isn't a waste of time at all. You'd be pretty pissed off if at your work place they decided to clamp down onto every rule, no matter how banal or insignificant, to such a point it could even interfere your own free time and your chance to do your job.

It's an issue which I don't particularly care about now I've left school and am an adult, but it doesn't mean I should slam down a standard, inevitable teenager's perspective on their world.
Last edited by Craigo at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Amos_Moses

its not about the wardrobe its about getting detention for rules that were created overnight and rules they believe are too strict. anyway i say go for it although that really probably wont change the rules they might just become more lenient and stop being so strict. either way its still better than not trying to do anything.
Last edited by sbinlb at Aug 24, 2010,
Craig is right, this is an epic struggle between a young boy and his "nazi school". Win or lose, there is no try.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Just to clear things up we, the year 12's, the instigators, are mostly 17, with some 16's and some 18's.
Yes we realise that its stupid doing this, and we know that no matter what, the school's not going to just give up. We just decided to have a bit of fun with it and leave the school with something to remember us by, because we finish in a month, as a prelude to our muck up day.
We dont really care that the're changing the uniform as we wont have to wear one next year, we just want the other years to have the freedom of expression we did.
Quote by Hergiswi

Quote by spanishyanez
Quote by TunerAddict
Right, because standing up for your ideals is just dumb. Going with the flow regardless is the way to go. The fact that they are in power makes them right. Might makes right.

Yeah, because having to adhere to a dress code is wrong in some way.

The fact that the children go to the school, a school which can make any dress code they want (within reason) and is allowed dish out punishments for not conforming with the rules, makes the pupils have to accept the rule of the governors/headmaster, or else. There is no law saying the school can't change their codes, in my opinion for a state school to act like a public school is a brilliant example to other state schools. Good on them. Unfortunately, there seems to be teenagers who start having paddies because "their freedom has been taken away". Their school, their rules. Grow up.
I'm just going to leave this here:
Quote by Hergiswi

Quote by spanishyanez
I... uh... *defeated*

Touche.
Quote by Hergiswi

Quote by spanishyanez
You should wear your clothes backwards. They won't know who is coming and going!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That sounds exactly like my school a few years back, and you know what?
We didn't bitch or whine about it, that's for sure.

Deal with it.
They're bigger than you and will always win.

Sad facts of life ...
Hate to admit it, but.... you're in school. You don't have a choice to "submit to the regulations." You either do it or you get expelled. Simple as that.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
stick it to the man!
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Wolf 6
Start wearing some Che Guvara shirts

Yes, show them that true intellect will not be smothered by authority!
ANARCHY! ANARCHY!
I think it'd be worth trying to do something. Adhering to a school uniform is something that should be done if those are the school rules, but how far they are taking it seems to me a bit ridiculous.

So, good luck with your plan, the more you get to join in the harder it will be for them to enforce this change.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I'm sure they'll be reeling after this; my (public) school had a uniform and we all wore it.

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Oh please, I went through all my school life with black shoes, black/white socks, white shirt, school tie, black blazer. In the winter we got a green jumper as well.

They were strict on it. Wearing trainers? Detention. No tie? Detention. Polo shirt not proper shirt? Detention. Shirt not tucked in? Detention.
Did we make a fuss? Never.

Man up and abide by the rules.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Aug 24, 2010,
I would blow the school up.

Not so much because of the dress codes though. I just like sculpting C4 into realistic busts and then watching it go BOOOOOM

Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Having a strict dress code was by far the worst thing the Nazis done.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
This year my school made it mandatory that all students must wear shoes from these three ugly pairs that they provide, and they're all like $100. Bullshit.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

I live in the UK where all schools have uniforms and what is this?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I'm in a private school and I know what it's like

so good luck with your crusade
show them what you think!

for you if you succeed
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
One time my school sent out a news letter saying they were considering implementing uniforms. There was a p/t meeting and it pretty much got anal raped by angry parents.
My school uniform was ridiculous. We had to buy specificly made tailored uniforms, and we were a public school. £60 blazers, £10 - 20 trousers, shirts, PE kits, etc. It was very expensive. Yet we put up with it. No colours were allowed, only school uniform. We were allowed t-shirts underneath our shirts, but only if they were plain white and you could't see them. Plain belts, had to wear your tie, top button had to be done up, shirt had to be tucked in, etc.
Page 1 of 2