Page 1 of 2
...to focus on guitar. This has probably been done before, but oh well.
Started yesterday.

Anyone else want to have a go?
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
This is...supposed to difficult?

Yeah it's admirable, good luck with it. It's really worthwhile.
I said goodbye to Counter Strike and StarCraft when I got my 1st acoustic guitar.
Never figured out how stupid video games are until I tried playing a guitar
Quote by Ramwen
I said goodbye to Counter Strike and StarCraft when I got my 1st acoustic guitar.

How's the weather up on that high horse of yours?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I dont even knnow why i have an xbox anymore, i havent played it in months.
Quote by metacarpi
How's the weather up on that high horse of yours?

WIN.

OT: Yeah i've found myself slowly leaving video games behind after I started playing music.
Quote by jibran
This is...supposed to difficult?

Yeah it's admirable, good luck with it. It's really worthwhile.

Its not really a difficult thing to do, its just I spent way too long on Borderlands last week and I thought I better do something productive
Quote by Ramwen

Sitting up on that high horse for so long must really hurt your arse.
Well, I ditched video games and played guitar so much I eventually got bored of the thing I was best at.

Do both in moderation.
Quote by peacemaker898
Why not have both, I manage to.

This man is knowledgeable. Take note OP!
I'm not saying that they are worthless, they have their place, but I thought I'd make some progress. If I spent the time I spent on games practicing I'd be doing myself a favour is all.
Back when I was obsessed with playing as fast as possible and practicing 2-4 hours a night I gave off to my friend for playing oblivion when he could be practicing guitar. Since then Ive got more into gaming and stopped giving a shit about playing fast and I enjoy guitar and am more musically creative than ever.

Although plenty of times i go a week or two without gaming just out of lack games, its not a massive deal unless your the MMO type
LOL I see where the " high horse " thing is coming from.
Well I didn't mean it like " gamers are stupid ", but ... spending hundreds of bucks on video games consoles and their accessories, and a dozen of new games every month seems kinda ... pointless ? some kind of a vicious circle. Teenagers blowing their savings ( that probably took them years to make ) on Xbox's and PS3's.
meh you can do both,i waste like 1 hour in soldier front all the days but i still focus to improve my violin playing
Quote by Ramwen
Well I didn't mean it like " gamers are stupid ", but ... spending hundreds of bucks on video games consoles and their accessories, and a dozen of new games every month seems kinda ... pointless ? some kind of a vicious circle. Teenagers blowing their savings ( that probably took them years to make ) on Xbox's and PS3's.

They get enjoyment out of them. What else is there in life aside from enjoyment? Not everyone wants to be a guitar virtuoso
Quote by Ramwen

As opposed on blowing it all on guitars that they will play all day in their bedrooms, slowly developing a smug sense of elitism and the idea that they're better than those that pursue other hobbies?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

I said they shouldn't be blowing all their savings on video games, but I didn't say they should all become guitarists and use them to buy guitars. Please quit putting words in my mouth

Quote by duggyrocks
They get enjoyment out of them. What else is there in life aside from enjoyment? Not everyone wants to be a guitar virtuoso

Fair enough, but do you honestly think playing video games the whole time is a good way to spend the most amazing ( probably ) stage of our lives ? I'm not totally against videogames, just not more than 2-3 hours per day, otherwise it gets pretty addictive, and I'm talking about teens especially. I mean I've been there, the guitar made me quit playing video games, and suddenly I found out that I had A LOT of free time, there's more to life than just one single hobby.
This isn't meant to be a debate about whether video games are more worthwhile than guitar or vice versa guys.

You both have good points, and thats great. Start a different thread If you want to argue with each other though.
Quote by Speckled_Hen
This isn't meant to be a debate about whether video games are more worthwhile than guitar or vice versa guys.

You both have good points, and thats great. Start a different thread If you want to argue with each other though.

LOL yeah truly sorry bout that Well did you get what you came looking for ?
Quote by Ramwen
LOL yeah truly sorry bout that Well did you get what you came looking for ?

Me too TS, sowwy.

Although OT - I front a paid band, and find plenty of time to fit in playing some games, along with working 9 to 5, and training in Jujitsu regularly, so
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Me too TS, sowwy.

Although OT - I front a paid band, and find plenty of time to fit in playing some games, along with working 9 to 5, and training in Jujitsu regularly, so

OT : Nice, that's what I'm talking about, as long as you still have some time to go out and stuff. Balance and moderation people !!

Sorry again TS
Quote by Ramwen
OT : Nice, that's what I'm talking about, as long as you still have some time to go out and stuff. Balance and moderation people !!

Sorry again TS

This.

Good man, Ramwen
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Doesnt this feel nice?

I think gamers that are on a guitar forum probably dont over-game anyway, now if you asked this on WoW forums or something the response may be slightly different
If you asked me that 2-3 year ago I would have given a different response.
Quote by metacarpi
This.

Good man, Ramwen

Quote by duggyrocks
Doesnt this feel nice?

I think gamers that are on a guitar forum probably dont over-game anyway, now if you asked this on WoW forums or something the response may be slightly different

Yeah sure ... " slightly "... But seriously don't do that, it'll be like you're attacking their religion
Are these people apologising in the pit? Good god

Anyway, guess what I found is that everyone else takes things a bit easier than I do when it comes to balancing their hobbies.
I gave up playing video games a while ago, if i start a game i feel that i HAVE to finish it and spend way too much time focusing on it instead of more worthwhile things in my life. i have at least 20 unfinished games lying around it still freaks me out even though i haven't played any of them in months. trophy levels don't help.
Quote by christfudge
I gave up playing video games a while ago, if i start a game i feel that i HAVE to finish it and spend way too much time focusing on it instead of more worthwhile things in my life. i have at least 20 unfinished games lying around it still freaks me out even though i haven't played any of them in months. trophy levels don't help.

Exactly the same here, especially with rpgs like fallout, I do all the side quests and never get round to doing the main one
Quote by christfudge

Anything you enjoy is worthwhile.

The only stupidity or waste that comes from playing games is if (for some reason) you're playing them but don't enjoy them.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Ramwen

...what? What exactly do you spend your money on?
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
When I started guitar, I quit playing videogames, which used to be a heavy addiction of mine. I kinda slipped back into them, but now, I probably play about 2-4 hours a week, at most. Not much. They just seem less interesting than something 'real', like music
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
If you actually have to think about it, yeah you should probably take breaks off games for a while.

Helps to shift focus too, and once you come back the games will be fun again. Just don't do one thing more than the other, is all.
Page 1 of 2