Hey,

I've been lucky enough to get a few days of hard practice (GnR "knockin on heaven's door") and now my middle finger has a nasty corn thats not really even... it has one part that is kind of like a finger nail sticking out, and my 4th finger has a corn with the "first layer" kind of broken which sometimes gets a string stuck there.

Nothing painful at all, just a bit irritating, and not half as disgusting as the way i described it

Is there anyway to get these both down to an even flat surface?

I checked ebay and there are "corn solutions", but i read not to use them as they dont differentiate between skin and corns...
then there are the "shavers" wwhich come with blades, but i dont want to lose my hard earned corns and become a newbie again
what do you guys do? as I am sure experienced players must have gone through this phase.

Thanks!
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
(My hero) - Robin Williams
file it with those finger nail file thingys.. or if you're a true manly man, just grab some sand paper and get to work!
LOL!
I think I hung my guys up... so its gonna be one of those nail file thingys after all

You dont recommend the blades?
“God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”
Is it really such a big deal that you need to do something about it. When this happened to me I used to just play anyway, which seemed to just make my fingers stronger.
I like the corns, dont get me wrong, gives it a nice clean sound and feels like I am actually playing but the one on my middle finger is kinda irritating when I am not playing, it feels like something jutting out for no reason and I cant help but keep feeling it with my thumb. You know, like when one would keep feeling a splinter...

When playing - it makes bending a whole lot easier as it "catches" the string, but I would like to just even it out so I get the clean sound advantage of the corn, but no irritating jut.
They make rubber or foam grippers that you can put on your pens and pencils to prevent corns. You can find them at office supply stores or in the stationary section of Walmart and Target.
Quote by Jessica2
They make rubber or foam grippers that you can put on your pens and pencils to prevent corns. You can find them at office supply stores or in the stationary section of Walmart and Target.

Ummm what???
thats strange. ive never heard of people getting them from guitar playing. the only thing close was wes montgomery who got one on his thumb because he played with his thumb. he kept it because it helped him play. ive never heard of it on the fretting hand though.