I just found a program that has changed my music listening experience and wanted to share it with UG.

If you like listening to good quality WAV and FLAC files, please read further. If you don't you proably won't like this.

The program is called XXHighEnd, and it by far has the best sound output I have ever heard, it's interface is pretty poor, it takes up a lot of resources from your computer. Basically when you start playing a song, browsing maps will kill the sound..
But it is still very mucht worth it.

It has a free demo version which I urge every audiophile on here who will do anything to get the best sound out of his system. The first song I heard through it actually made my jaw drop and gave me goosebumps. Untill now I always used Mediamonkey, and I will still use it for just background tunes. But the sound from this program will really blow you away....

Do any other UGers have a program like this? if so please share

And are there any other people in here who will really do a lot to get the best out of their audio??

Anyways.... try the program, discuss other programs, be audio geeks.

btw, I'm not trying to spam or advert, I really thought people on here should know about this program
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
So-called 'audiophiles' are annoying as hell. Some guy on here once asked for some good earphones to use with his PMP because he wanted to listen to .WAVs on it. I laughed.

On topic, I use foobar2000, which is pretty cool. I'm not sure how the programme you're using is supposed to improve audio quality. Enlighten me.
Last edited by Pagan-Pie at Aug 24, 2010,
I can never hear a difference between a 320kbps mp3 and a .wav of my own recordings.

I personally think it's a load of unnecessary tosh.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
I can never hear a difference between a 320kbps mp3 and a .wav of my own recordings.

I personally think it's a load of unnecessary tosh.

WAV or FLAC will sound a little better if you have super amazing equipment and acoustics. Any ordinary person who says they can hear the differents is talking out of their arse. As long as it's a decent rip and a fairly good quality mp3, it's perfectly listenable.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Downloading, curious to see if I'll be able to hear a difference. I only started to notice the difference between .wav and .mp3 from rendering my own recordings.

Edit: This is a trainwreck, there are like 6 .exe files and none of them work.

http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=833.0

It's failry easy to install, just look over this guide, there are some trick to it

And for the people who are doubting it, and have difficulty hearing the difference, you shouldn't try it.

And people who say it's better are not talking out of their arse, there wouldn't be a big community surrounding it if that was true, it's not religion.

the program has better bit for bit processing, lower latency, upsapmling/resampling.

if you wan't more techincal detail as to why. go here

again, if you are not into it, just leave and stop bitching about people who want better sound and DO hear the difference

E-married to Shyne <3

Quote by Antis0cial

And for the people who are doubting it, and have difficulty hearing the difference, you shouldn't try it.

And people who say it's better are not talking out of their arse, there wouldn't be a big community surrounding it if that was true, it's not religion.

the program has better bit for bit processing, lower latency, upsapmling/resampling.

if you wan't more techincal detail as to why. go here

again, if you are not into it, just leave and stop bitching about people who want better sound and DO hear the difference

I do actually use FLAC (though really unjustifiably, it's a habit). I'm quite interested in audio quality, but quite frankly, if you think you can hear the difference between a nicely ripped, error-free 320 kbps mp3 file and a FLAC one on normal speakers in an everyday context, you're delusional. I'm not getting at you, I'm only saying.

The fact that there's a large 'audiophile' community doesn't really add any credibility to it. If you want to head to head-fi.org and listen to people with too much money boast about the superior quality of cables and turntable needles made of gold, be my guest. That a lot of people believe something does not make it true.

EDIT: I'm not doubting the quality of your programme though, I just wondered how it worked.
I'm downloading it now. Hopefully I'll be able to run it on my Mac through Crossover. I'll see how it does, and how well with different genres.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Pagan-Pie
I do actually use FLAC (though really unjustifiably, it's a habit). I'm quite interested in audio quality, but quite frankly, if you think you can hear the difference between a nicely ripped, error-free 320 kbps mp3 file and a FLAC one on normal speakers in an everyday context, you're delusional. I'm not getting at you, I'm only saying.

The fact that there's a large 'audiophile' community doesn't really add any credibility to it. If you want to head to head-fi.org and listen to people with too much money boast about the superior quality of cables and turntable needles made of gold, be my guest. That a lot of people believe something does not make it true.

EDIT: I'm not doubting the quality of your programme though, I just wondered how it worked.

Ok cool, I acutally hate the site head-fi.org because the people on there are a bit prententious, true.

And using this program on some normal computer speakers would be a bit overkill. But it still will provide more clarity, I only know so much about the way the program works technically.

But I am not BSing anyone here, I work in studios and with music a lot, professionally. And I was very sceptical too, untill I heard it. It wasn't placebo, that's something a lot of people think.

E-married to Shyne <3

Quote by Pagan-Pie
So-called 'audiophiles' are annoying as hell. Some guy on here once asked for some good earphones to use with his PMP because he wanted to listen to .WAVs on it. I laughed.

On topic, I use foobar2000, which is pretty cool. I'm not sure how the programme you're using is supposed to improve audio quality. Enlighten me.

QFT on both parts. The program will most likely not make it any better. Get better speakers/headphones or better quality audio. And also, I use foobar and it's awesome :p
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
Quote by Pagan-Pie

I downloaded The Downward Spiral in FLAC form and I could hear a good few differences from it to the 320kbps MP3 album I had previously, and I'm no audiophile
Quote by Duffman123
I downloaded The Downward Spiral in FLAC form and I could hear a good few differences from it to the 320kbps MP3 album I had previously, and I'm no audiophile

Depends on whether the first one was a good quality rip. Some idiot might have 'converted' it from a lower bitrate. You could have very good ears, or perhaps you imagined it. I'm no expert.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Depends on whether the first one was a good quality rip. Some idiot might have 'converted' it from a lower bitrate. You could have very good ears, or perhaps you imagined it. I'm no expert.

I have almost never experienced a conversion from a lower bitrate.... people in general aren't stupid enough to do that

E-married to Shyne <3

Quote by Antis0cial
I have almost never experienced a conversion from a lower bitrate.... people in general aren't stupid enough to do that

Clearly you've been on more intelligent parts of the internet than me...

People do it when an album is leaked in low quality to make it seem better, and things like that.
Quote by Pagan-Pie
Clearly you've been on more intelligent parts of the internet than me...

People do it when an album is leaked in low quality to make it seem better, and things like that.

Probably.. only things I think are worth listening to in high-end formats are classical pieces, and some older rock pieces. Listening to trash metal with it would be a bit useless....

guess classical music is less likely to be corrupted because often more adults than youngsters listen to it

E-married to Shyne <3

I have a budget of up to £200. Find me a good pair of headphones please, or I'm just gonna buy Beats by Dr. Dre. Problem is: They have to look good enough to wear in public and last me for a while.
Quote by boreamor
I have a budget of up to £200. Find me a good pair of headphones please, or I'm just gonna buy Beats by Dr. Dre. Problem is: They have to look good enough to wear in public and last me for a while.

sennheiser hd 595

E-married to Shyne <3

Apparantly those headphones don't have a lot of sound insulation, which would be a problem really. Since the Beats headphones have a really good noise canceller, I would be able to listen to them at lower levels to reduce leaking. I looked the Sennheiser first, but they seem out of my price range really.

My main problem so far is leaking... It seems all good headphones have problems with it.
Quote by boreamor
Apparantly those headphones don't have a lot of sound insulation, which would be a problem really. Since the Beats headphones have a really good noise canceller, I would be able to listen to them at lower levels to reduce leaking. I looked the Sennheiser first, but they seem out of my price range really.

My main problem so far is leaking... It seems all good headphones have problems with it.

True, and the few that don't arent really suitable to wear in public... guess you'll have to compromise

E-married to Shyne <3

I guess you're right there. So it's between HD 595 (I've wanted these for ages now) or Beats. Hmm.

Also that program really is quite good. I could hear the difference in sound comparing iTunes, VLC and that program just through my laptop speakers. Unfortunately, the interface is absolutely terrible that I couldn't really use it.
Quote by boreamor
I guess you're right there. So it's between HD 595 (I've wanted these for ages now) or Beats. Hmm.

Also that program really is quite good. I could hear the difference in sound comparing iTunes, VLC and that program just through my laptop speakers. Unfortunately, the interface is absolutely terrible that I couldn't really use it.

you're right about the interface, it's hell... But you gotta have respect for the one man who made this program.

I would go for the sennheiser IMO, but only cause I think it is ebtter suited for classical music. If you are into more bassy genres, get the Beats

E-married to Shyne <3

Quote by Antis0cial
you're right about the interface, it's hell... But you gotta have respect for the one man who made this program.

I would go for the sennheiser IMO, but only cause I think it is ebtter suited for classical music. If you are into more bassy genres, get the Beats

My main concern is I'm doing Music Tech at university for the next 3 years, so I need headphones suitable for my own personal work, and I'm thinking the Beats would be best as a crossover for personal and professional work. With that said, the Sennheisers sound quality is better.

How much is that program?
Quote by boreamor
My main concern is I'm doing Music Tech at university for the next 3 years, so I need headphones suitable for my own personal work, and I'm thinking the Beats would be best as a crossover for personal and professional work. With that said, the Sennheisers sound quality is better.

How much is that program?

72 bucks, I only use the demo though, works for me atm. Might buy a license in future

E-married to Shyne <3

Quote by boreamor
Is it an indefinate trial?

thought so, only some specific features are blocked out, and the program stops after a session of a certain time I thought(don't know how long though, check the forum)

E-married to Shyne <3