Hi all.
After so much research and asking friends I have decided to buy a RG4570z.
My question is this that do I also need to buy a new amp to use this guitar up to its full potential regarding tone and sound or my laney practice amp and gt-10 would be enough for now?

thx.
If your Laney amp is a cheap, small, solid state amp people are going to tell you to geta new amp. (What model might help, though I'm not familiar with those amps)

I say if you dislike the feel of your current guitar and you like the feel of the RG more then just get the guitar and worry about the amp later. But if you're more worried about the sound you'll need to look into a better amp. (Assuming it's a cheap, small, solid state something.)
Tone is a highly subjective thing and despite the urge to scream "OMg WtF GeTS NEw AmpaGe Nao!" Id say that its fine to keep the current rig however you will loose a lot of the character of the guitar and pickups by not using an appropriate amp.

We all know that the amp is the font of all tone and the rest of the components in your rig will help mould that sound. Id say get used to the new axe then start looking at amps.

My advice on amps is NEVER skimp on an amp. Save and save and get the amp you want even if it takes years of saving. There is no compromise in tone and an amp bought as a compromise will not stay in your good graces for long and GAS will step in.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
My amp is a cheap Laney LX20 .
And I mostly play heavy metal stuff and also working on shredding.
Wouldn't GT-10 make up for some of amps shortcomings?
Quote by hoomy
My amp is a cheap Laney LX20 .
And I mostly play heavy metal stuff and also working on shredding.
Wouldn't GT-10 make up for some of amps shortcomings?

Nope. The amp is your sound's foundation. If the amp is crap, then so is your tone, no matter what.

What amp would suit you depends a lot on what styles you play exactly, how much cash you have, whether you play in a band or not, whether you're willing to buy a used amp and where you are located.
I do not play in any bands and just play in my room and I live in Iran.
So how much do you think I should invest for an amp at least?
Last edited by hoomy at Aug 25, 2010,
As a rule of thumb, spend about as much on the amp as you spend on the guitar. But you can of course go cheaper. For metal, look for a Line6 Flextone III - they're cheap and sound nice. They have been discontinued, but a lot of shops still have them in stock and they can be found used, too. The Bugera 6262, 333Xl, V22 or V55 amps are also nice. They're not of the highest build-quality, but they are cheap and their sound is impressive for what they cost.

If you really only ever play in your room, you might also look into a Line6 POD and a pair of good headphones.
Quote by TheQuailman
As a rule of thumb, spend about as much on the amp as you spend on the guitar. But you can of course go cheaper. For metal, look for a Line6 Flextone III - they're cheap and sound nice. They have been discontinued, but a lot of shops still have them in stock and they can be found used, too. The Bugera 6262, 333Xl, V22 or V55 amps are also nice. They're not of the highest build-quality, but they are cheap and their sound is impressive for what they cost.

If you really only ever play in your room, you might also look into a Line6 POD and a pair of good headphones.

+ 1

as for the guitar,if you can buy a Jcustom it would be better (and cheaper aswell)
Thanks a lot for all recommendations.
I should go and ask for Flextone's price.