Hey guys,
I've got a few questions about Orange amps in general, as i'm still deciding on which tube amp i want somewhere down the line;

1.how well do they take pedals?
2.how much gain do they pump out?
3.how are the crunch/cleans?
4.with an OD can it do teh br00talz m3tul?
5.why are they so renowned?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Depends on which ones you're looking at but if you're looking at a Rockerverb 50/100 for example you can tick every box. They have more than enough gain for all metal styles, but sometimes need an OD or EQ in the loop to tighten/brighten things up.

They are so renowned because they are terrific amps in general. You can't really go wrong with a good Orange amp, they also invented the Effects loop
Last edited by AxSilentxLine at Aug 24, 2010,
Orange amps are all different based on model. Pick a model to ask those questions about.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Orange amps are all different based on model. Pick a model to ask those questions about.

In that case how about the rockerverb/thunderverbs?
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Quote by adj209
Hey guys,
I've got a few questions about Orange amps in general, as i'm still deciding on which tube amp i want somewhere down the line;

1.how well do they take pedals?
2.how much gain do they pump out?
3.how are the crunch/cleans?
4.with an OD can it do teh br00talz m3tul?
5.why are they so renowned?

pepper kennan from down has used orange amps and theyre pretty darn heavy when they want to be
1. Just as well as any decent amp.

2. Depends which Orange you're talking about. All of them apart from the Tiny/Dual Terror sound good in my opinion. Unless you play death metal, they all have a considerable amount of gain, that's what they've always been known for.

3. The Orange crunch is typically 'darker' sounding the a Marshall's crunch, I personally much prefer an Orange for most things. The cleans on all Orange amps that I've played through have been good (apart from the Tiny Terror), they're not as good as a Fender Twin or a Vox AC30 or anything, but I suppose it all depends on what you're looking for.

4. Depending on how br00tz you want to go, some of them could do it without an OD in my opinion.. But with one, you could do pretty much anything.

5. Because they are orange in colour, seriously.... But it just so happens that they sound fooking awsome aswell. Many famous people used them too, which helps anything become popular.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I have an AD 30 that I love (though it just died on me, still trying to figure out why)
it's a very straight forward amp, but it has great cleans and an amazing overdriven tone. I don't play metal and I don't know if it could go there, but it can get quite saturated =)
Oranges to me are like grumpy Marshalls.

They're pretty cool I guess if you're into that kind of sound. I prefer the sound of a Marshall for most purposes. They make some typical, mid gain amps similar to what you'd get in a plexi or JCM800 and then they have some higher gain, modern sounding amps. They all have that dark, growly, fuzzy tone though. It's a love-hate thing.
Quote by al112987
Oranges to me are like grumpy Marshalls.

They're pretty cool I guess if you're into that kind of sound. I prefer the sound of a Marshall for most purposes. They make some typical, mid gain amps similar to what you'd get in a plexi or JCM800 and then they have some higher gain, modern sounding amps. They all have that dark, growly, fuzzy tone though. It's a love-hate thing.

Al knows what's up. Took the words right out of mouth.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
Al knows what's up. Took the words right out of mouth.

Yeah, cause you know how to plug speakers in and everything.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.