Just wanted to say that Dave Mustaine's book is actually an interesting read

Page 1 of 2
...and it has a lot of funny parts in it.

The main/opening riff of Tornado of Souls got me into guitar when I was 12 and I'm 24 now. Even though I'm not a big fan of Megadeth like I used to be, it was still a really good read.

I recommend it.
oh wow Mustaine is my favorite guitarist and Megadeth one of my favorite groups. completely forgot this came out after it being delayed so long! definitely going to pick it up now, thanks man! I bet it is good, he is pretty intelligent, and somewhat arrogant which should make for a good read.
PeaceLoveUnityRespect
There is an excerpt of the book in this months Guitar World Mag. It seems well written from the small sample that was printed.
Quote by guylee
I'm not surprised he wrote a good book he's an intelligent man and has lead an interesting life.

Yea he's pretty articulate. He remembers exactly where/when he tried things like meth or heroin lol. He isn't very one sided like he usually is in interviews in the book either. He saw Metallica's side of the situation concerning his firing and even quotes himself to a girlfriend of the time saying that he left them when that girl knew he was fired. He says that he was just angry and self loathing, but in denial.

He also openly admits he has twisted things to his favor in words, but that others have in the past too.
I just hope he can write a book better than he can write songs...

*flameshield, I choose you!*
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I think the best part I've read so far is about a groupie he was with that mentioned how her boyfriend likes to pour A1 sauce on her....deal...and Mustaine left her that moment lol.
I wanted to grab a copy of this as soon as it arrives in the Waterstones near me. Unfortunately, I think they said Late September
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Quote by Todd Hart

Who listens to thrash metal for the lyrics seriously?
I mean the lyrics are fine as they are, they aren't too deep nor shallow.

Anyway I gotta wait till sept 31st to buy this -_- , i can't wait though.
Mustaine is one of my favourite guitarists
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I bought it AND got it signed by him. Just a glorious moment shaking his hand (yes, I did come here to brag).
Last edited by jwizzle5786 at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by adj209

I wasn't particularly talking about the lyrics, although they are awful.
Quote by jwizzle5786
I bought it AND got it signed by him. Just a glorious moment shaking his head (yes, I did come here to brag).

You shook his head huh..
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
You shook his head huh..

Win.
Quote by jwizzle5786
I bought it AND got it signed by him. Just a glorious moment shaking his head (yes, I did come here to brag).
I think that might just be harassment.

OT: Yeah, it sounds cool enough, I'll pick it up from the library sometime soon.
One day met a and he was all like because he had
never met a before. I told about the powers that this
possessed and he proceeded to it for its magical meat.
Then died. The End.
Quote by adj209

September 31st? lolwut

Also, i got the book 2 weeks ago on holiday in America...found it very interesting :-D
Cool story Dave

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I'm planning on buying it too
Current Gear:
Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio (Bass)
Yamaha RBX-170 (Bass)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive Pedal)
Line 6 LowDown 150 (Amp)
I was gonna pick it up while Waterstones had 3 for 2 on the entire store, but it isn't out yet here
'Twas amazing. Most interesting book I've read in a LONG time.
Slappa tha bass
A little tip for people who are looking for this in Ireland (maybe UK). Saw it in Eason earlier which really surprised me, but didn't get it cause its £15. Gonna wait till it gets cheaper like what i did with Slash's autobiography but what i read seems really good
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Todd Hart

It's super effective, bitch!

On topic, i wanna read this Megadeth was a huge influence for me.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by Todd Hart
I wasn't particularly talking about the lyrics, although they are awful.

you don't like the riffs?
well... each to his own i guess.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I finished reading it a few weeks ago.
I'm a huge fan of Megadeth and Dave Mustaine but I was somewhat disappointed with the book.
It started off strong but towards the end I began to question whether I was accidentally reading a Christian self help book.

ONE THING THAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF...
was when Dave bashed Carvin.
It probably wouldn't have pissed me off as much if he still played ESP or Jackson but he plays Dean.
So Dave, you need to shut the f*ck up because a Carvin will rape anything you've had your hands on in a long, long time.
He was actually going to buy Jackson but Fender outbid him so thats why he stopped using them. I read the book in like 3 days. The part about the freak nerve injury in his left hand was interesting. I had no idea he couldn't play guitar for over a year. It was a really good book IMO. Very entertaining and interesting. Wish I hadn't of seen the Megadeth behind the music because that spoiled some of it for me.
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
i really... REALLY hope this doesn't have a rant about Metallica in it. i respect the man as a guitarist because he's awesome but i got very tired of him dwelling on Metallica. Might not buy it but would like to take a look
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I'll suggest it to my sister for a 6th grade book report. It's probably written on that reading level...
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by ThorVonClemson
It probably wouldn't have pissed me off as much if he still played ESP or Jackson but he plays Dean.
So Dave, you need to shut the f*ck up because a Carvin will rape anything you've had your hands on in a long, long time.

I thought I was the only one that this pissed off! I put the book down for a while in fact.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
TS is Dave Mustaine.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by ThorVonClemson
I finished reading it a few weeks ago.
I'm a huge fan of Megadeth and Dave Mustaine but I was somewhat disappointed with the book.
It started off strong but towards the end I began to question whether I was accidentally reading a Christian self help book.

So he plays Deans, big deal! The USA ones are actually really good guitars. That being said I like Carvins better.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thrasher51

Judging by you agreeing with my comment
and your username
i can tell that you are an incredibly intelligent individual.

Also I don't know if you guys will even know what I'm talking about but I was kind of disappointed in that this book sort of followed he typical formula for a musicians auto biography.

I thought Dave could've included plenty more tour stories that made me laugh and captivated my interest.

Like when they were in some religious red neck town and hung out at a bar with a bunch of christians telling them that they are a gospel group called Me-Gad-Eth. Or in Cafe Moscow with the leningrad cowboys. Those stories are too good not to tell in his book.
Quote by ThorVonClemson
Thrasher51

Judging by you agreeing with my comment
and your username
i can tell that you are an incredibly intelligent individual.

I am not sure if that was sincere or not...
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
I am not sure if that was sincere or not...

It was. Thrash and shred and carvin is my life.
Quote by Todd Hart

OT: I might actually buy this...at some point...
Page 1 of 2