Hey I'm looking between those 3 les pauls and I can't choose, and I can't try anything at my guitar center because nothing is coming till 3 months, so all suggestions help, thanks, I really like foreigner, journey, boston, coldplay, guns n roses. thanks
Alex Hager - AlexHagerMusic
Should go in the Electric Guitar forum..

Also, what's your current amp? And does it have to be a les paul?

And... *Smiley overload*
You have to try them out. The Les Paul Supreme is a mighty waste of money, I wouldn't recommend it when you could get a Gibson Custom Shop Reissue for the same price.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Should go in the Electric Guitar forum..

Also, what's your current amp? And does it have to be a les paul?

And... *Smiley overload*
Nothing should go into the Electric Guitar forum.

To the TS: I'd get the R8. The supreme is too showy and fugly.
Quote by stykerwolf
Bubbs has an R8 (1958 RI) and he says it's the best les paul out there. there's a 68 reissue? what the heck. R8/9 win by a long shot imo, do note that those two have HUGE fat necks, the R0 (1960 RI) had a very thin neck imo

Yeah... The '68 Reissue is the Les Paul Custom.

Not every R8/9 has a fat neck. I've played R0s that had huge necks too. It all depends on that specific guitar
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I would suggest trying them out and not asking UG about $3000 guitars, but I think you'll find that the 68 reissue does not sound like the typical LP. It's darker and has a different attack to it and is more suited to jazz than rock since it's a Custom and not a Standard reissue like the 58.
Quote by Roc8995
I would suggest trying them out and not asking UG about $3000 guitars, but I think you'll find that the 68 reissue does not sound like the typical LP. It's darker and has a different attack to it and is more suited to jazz than rock since it's a Custom and not a Standard reissue like the 58.

This. It's $3000. You would be stupid spending that much money on something without knowing if you like it first. Just because people say they're the best doesn't make them the best for you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
If you spend that much money on a guitar without trying it first then you're an idiot.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
^ I bought the R8 blind, but it was used so I could just resell it if I thought it was crap.

It was only $2000 though.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
The last two posts combined. Never buy a guitar sight unseen unless it's used and from someone fairly reputable so that you can make your money back if it's crap. If you buy a brand new guitar sight unseen for that much money, words cannot describe how stupid that is.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs