Hi. I have a guitar I just acquired which I am planning to set up for B Tuning. The guitar has a standard stoptail piece bridge. It is currently set up with 09's for standard E tuning. My question is, generally speaking, will I have enough room to properly adjust intonation if I put 13's on it? I'm not sure if the fatter strings would require the bridge saddles moved back or forward as much, and proper intonation is one of the most important things to me on a guitar, even if everything else is crap. If it's going to be necessary for me to do something such as reverse the saddles, I would rather do that before stringing the instrument with the new strings.

Thanks!
With that thick of a gauge, you'll probably need bigger slots in your nut. I had to widen my Schecter's slots slightly to fit 12 gauge..
You should be fine. I always keep one guitar in B, using .013-.056 strings, with a tune-o-matic, and they intonate fine.
Like Absent One said, you'll need to widen the slots on the nut, and you'll probably have to slightly adjust the intonation. And I could imagine a very slight adjustment of the truss rod too
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
i have a g400 and a sg standard. i run d'addario ej 22s. theyre .013-.056 neither of the nuts had to be filed out. the strings did it kind of on their own. i'd have a proper guitar tech give it a look over. im replacing both nuts for more stable tuning and intonation.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm hoping that I will not have to do any additional filing of the nut or saddle slots, but if I do, can anyone recommend any common tools that are good for doing this? I simply don't have the money for proper files, but have quite a bit of "common" tools laying around.

The reason this whole thing came up is that, I've actually tried to set intonation on a guitar with a similar bridge for Drop C, using 11's, and there simply was not enough adjustment room to move the saddle back far enough. I've heard this can be gotten around by reversing the position of the saddles in question, but I don't want to do it unless it's necessary. And, if it is necessary, I would like to do it before putting the strings on and finding that out.

Based on what everyone has written on here though, it sounds like it should be okay. Still, anymore responses are welcome! ;o)~
Quote by Crohny
i have a g400 and a sg standard. i run d'addario ej 22s. theyre .013-.056 neither of the nuts had to be filed out. the strings did it kind of on their own. i'd have a proper guitar tech give it a look over. im replacing both nuts for more stable tuning and intonation.

Hell yeah man! I didn't really have to anything. The big strings didn't make that much of a difference with the tension because of the lower tuning. The intonation was also pretty spot on. It could use minor adjustments on a the two higher strings, but the thing sounds sick!

Thanks for the responses, all!