First off forgive me but I couldn't really decide which sub forum this should go in, but I figured someone on here would be able to help me out.

So, I want my vocalist to be able to hear himself sing during practice (over un amped drums). And I really have no idea what I need to accomplish that. What is the cheapest way I can get a rig going so he can hear himself ? Can I just get a mic and plug it into a monitor, get a cheap amp or speaker? Doesn't have to be anything amazing I just want something functional for a practice setting.

Thanks in advance !
Yea, you can either get an amp with a mic or get a pa system with subs. If you get the pa you can plug direct with headphones so he can hear himself through the headphones.
REALLY cheap, find an old amp plug in a mic, volume on low at first because there will be a lot of feedback. used keyboard amps sound best, if you can find a cheap one. (might be tough)

Medium cheap, powered monitor, or even better, small PA system. will sound way better, last longer and will be expandable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
buy a pa speaker and use it as a floor wedge at his feet.
Cream fan club member #11.
ok so I should get a cheap PA ? I like the sound of that because it could have additional uses in the future. Any recommendations ? where should I buy from?

I really don't know anything about PAs or monitors =/
what's your budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Budget would be whatever cheapest I could get away with :P

but I could probably spend a couple hundred US if it would last and have resale value.
ahhh, anything for $200 isnt going to keep it's value.

but you can find a used mini system on powered monitor for around $200
you'll have to check your local craigslist.

or if new, something like this ...
http://www.music123.com/Phonic-Powerpod-410-S710-PA-System-630485-i1395799.Music123
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

mmm craigslist lurking, my favorite. thanks for the help. Gonna keep an eye out for something used