I know I don't have complete right to compare the two, seeing as I have a LP studio and just got a Gibson SG Gothic. But so far I prefer the SG by far, both in terms of sound and playability. Sure the LP sounds thicker, but that has caused more problems for me in terms of articulation, where the SG shines

. The SG is brighter sounding, but in a pleasant way. The LP manages to sound more treble-y and harsh. Perhaps I should get the guitar set up properly or play a real les paul and sg before jumping to conclusions, but that is what I have gathered so far. I prefer the sound of the SG as well, it sounds meaner and has more character. The lp may be better for more music varieties but the SG just sounds perfect for rock.
You've got to be kidding me.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah, I prefer SG's over Les Pauls.

They have great upper-fretboard access and thinner body, which I prefer over the thickness of a Les Paul.

I would like them better if they had thinner necks though.
Quote by siverstorm

Congratulation, you have form opinion yesh!

+1.

TS, I know this might come as a shock to you... but I have friends who don't even like Les Pauls!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
No, it's not ok. You should an hero immediately.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I dont like SGs the Flat face is a little strange when playing. they are light and a bit neck heavy. In truth Gibson is not all its cracked up to be anyways
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Is it okay to like SGs more than Les Pauls?
Yes.
Is it okay to put an apostrophe in the plural of SG?
No.

Lol
No, its a terrible thing.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
If you have to ask then .....no it is not. You must like a Les Paul more then a SG but not as much as a Wilshire or Melody Maker.Is this for real? Why did I ask, this is the internut anything can happen here.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Both sound and feel different.

Why shouldn't it be okay?

I mean I like Teles, Strats and Godin LGs more than both SGs and Les Pauls.

Other guys likes Ibanez RGs and too many UGers are Schect0rz fanboys, but who cares?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
No, blasphemy!
Watch out or Jihad Al-Pauli will kill you for your unbelief.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2