Hey, I got a new song in my band profile called You and Me! Just finished recording it, looking for some feedback on it regarding mixing, singing, and general composition. I'm going for an alternative rock, pop-rock sound on it. Drums are all MIDI that I programmed, but everything else is 100% me!

C4C as well!
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Last edited by TasianSensation at Aug 24, 2010,
Erm, sorry, but that song ain't there...
ohh...it's actually in you band's profile...
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
It's in my band profile, not my actual profile. Follow the link in my sig
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Guitars sound pretty good tone wise. Not a big pop punk fan, so I won't judge on technicality or anything like that, not the genre to do that with. Drums aren't really loud enough, and not very powerful either. Structurally, for the genre, song is good. However, I can't stand the vocals at all. IMO, that's probably the biggest drawback to the whole song.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely raise the drums up in the mix and tweak with some plug-ins on them. They're entirely MIDI, so that may contribute to them being lifeless. As for the vocals, what didn't you like about them? I only ask so that I can work on improving them.
Call me Michael...

Mixing

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Everythings solid, guitars sound good and work well together. The structure of the song is solid as well. The vocals are the problem though as said above, i think you're not breathing right and are therefore your voice sound as if it is strained and is goin out of tune all the time. The tone of your voice definitely sounds this genre though so get the breathing sorted and it wold bring up the quality of the song so much
I like the main riff and the progression man! Everything sounds pretty good except as said before, the vocals. The lyrics are pretty good imo, but you just gotta make sure the notes you want to come through are really coming through. Maybe i'm not one to talk cuz im not very good at singing haha. Well anyway, awesome song man! I liked this one quite a bit.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25055782#post25055782
Im really into pop punk and this is good! I find that the lead is abit too generic sounding, the tone isn't rough enough for me perosnally. Everything else is good.
The vocals need a bit of work though, they can't hold tune it seems.
i like the music,just not a fan of vocals thats all,but pats on the back for making the effort,u can only get better mate,could u check out my stuff,set me free in pfile thx
thanks for the feedback guys, I truly appreciate it. I'm going to work on my vocals and re-record another version soon.

Any feedback on the mixing?
Call me Michael...

Mixing

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
I like the guitar and drums man. Its just the vocals sound like the singer is holding back or has a plugged nose lol. Try to get the singer to open up his voice a little more. Besides that it sounds pretty good!