hey guys im eli, recently got an electric guitar. i am struggling to learn it and i was hoping i could get some motivation to start learning it better. nice to meet yall
Hey, everyone struggles at first. Wanting to play it should be enough motivation for now though.
ok thankyou for the quick responses guys,
im going to read them all. so how long did it take you to become decent at guitar from knowing close to nothing about guitar?
i dont know ho wmotivating this will be, but prepare for a dose of frustration. hahaha. i have been playing for 13 years, and in the beginning, my fingertips would hurt, my hands werent co-ordinated, and i just felt like i sucked.

lock yourself in your room for a while, practice some techniques, scales, basic music theory, and things like that to lay the foundation for a good musical journey. i dont know what your plans are, if you have any, for how good of a player you want to be, but as much QUALITY time as you put into it, the more rewarding it will be. and by quality, i mean solid, effective, useful practice.

no matter how frustrating it may be, stick with it. you will overcome the frustrations, and a huge breakthrough is usually on the other side. if you have any questions, specific or general, feel free to send me a message. best of luck to you and welcome to the club!
Quote by elihasaguitar
ok thankyou for the quick responses guys,
im going to read them all. so how long did it take you to become decent at guitar from knowing close to nothing about guitar?

This is different for every person. Some can never learn, some learn slowly. I myself learn really fast, but my friends around don't.
i think i am going to do that:] i want to get far like other friends i have i watched them and picked up a few things. im going to isolate myself for a few days and just practice, im not slow at learning i pick up things pretty fast, the guitar is just a foreign language at the moment hah.