Hey there guys

My SM57 is broken. The wires that connect the diaphragm (I'm still learning the names of the parts of microphones, and I THINK that's the right name, the part that picks up the sound) to the capsule (or at least, the part in the middle that easily comes undone) have come lose. I'm not talking about the green and yellow wires! These are the red wires that come from the diaphragm. This looks like a difficult soldering job because of the length of the wires, the tiny space to work in, the size of the soldering iron, and the size of the hole they go into. I IMAGINE that's where they go, but I can't see any form of metal on the other side to conduct the signal, but I suppose there MUST be. These holes are located either side of the big screw that connects the diaphragm to the rest of the mic.

Are there any tips/hints for this form of rewiring? Will I need the precision that Malmsteen has on guitar to do this myself, or should I pay money??

Thanks alot guys
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
ebay purchased- so I am unsure. and the shure site is giving me ****ing grief!
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
the wire may be feed into a component that was dipped in wax. i remember when i had my 57resoldered it was kinda a pain in the ass digging out enough wax to get a surface to solder the wire.

pain in the ass. but also, the length of the wire and cramped confines are also a big obstacle. if you know a good tech at a guitar shop, he may be able to do it for ya.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I'm not that great on circuits, but would lengthening the wire by attaching another wire to it work? I've managed to partly removed the obstacle of cramped conditions, so this is the final issue!
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
yeah, the wire-on-wire is pretty much the last ditch effort in those repairs. but it works

-ae
in terms of wire on wire, what procedures would I need to follow? same metal? same diameter? or just any metal??
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
umm, you def want to match the wire as close as possible. it should be braided? not a solid core wire? then you'd solder those 2 wire together

-ae