Hey guys.

Basically as the title states, I am looking to but a new guitar that will suit the music I like to play and compose. (Black Metal) So any suggestions?

Influences: Drudkh, Velvet Cacoon, Vidsyn, Alcest, Ihsahn
Experience: Just over a year.
Price range: R4000, so I think that works out to about $550-600.
Tunings: Standard E & C

Thanks alot.

Guy
1) Want a trem or not?
2) Do you just want a nicer feeling/playing guitar, or do you want to improve your tone. If it is the latter, what other equipment do you have?
For black metal, you could really just use the absolute shittiest guitar you can find. Or are you not trve enough for that?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by smartalec007
For black metal, you could really just use the absolute shittiest guitar you can find. Or are you not trve enough for that?

For black metal, you just need to nail some barbed wire onto a wooden pole and hook it up to the mains.
Gear:
- Ibanez RGR465M
- Ibanez S770FM
- PRS SE Custom
- Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
Quote by londoncalling!
Hey guys.

Basically as the title states, I am looking to but a new guitar that will suit the music I like to play and compose. (Black Metal) So any suggestions?

Influences: Drudkh, Velvet Cacoon, Vidsyn, Alcest, Ihsahn
Experience: Just over a year.
Price range: R4000, so I think that works out to about $550-600.
Tunings: Standard E & C

Thanks alot.

Guy

really tho dude anything will work for black metal.
Out of curiosity, do you have an amp for black metal?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by ibugppl
really tho dude anything will work for black metal.

Well thats a lie.

You people arent HxC enough for black metal.

TS look into agile, schecter, pretty much any mahogany solid body with humbuckers would work well.
get a schecter, not only are they awesome, they also have a nice look
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Offworld92
Out of curiosity, do you have an amp for black metal?

Whatever has the least mids, and the most gain and treble.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
You could take a look at the AX model from ESP, if you like it pointy and all death-like.. Like I do.

'Else I know Infernus for an example is in love with the Les Paul. : p
Quote by Paraaz
You could take a look at the AX model from ESP, if you like it pointy and all death-like.. Like I do.

'Else I know Infernus for an example is in love with the Les Paul. : p

Satyr from Satyricon uses an AX, at least he does in one video. He/they are sponsored by ESP, but I don't think that he plays guitar live anymore, just singing.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ArpeggiateTHIS
For black metal, you just need to nail some barbed wire onto a wooden pole and hook it up to the mains.

Strings must be made from dead children skin. It's a must.

But seriously, go for EMGs. Also a mahogany body, maple neck and neck-through construction wouldn't hurt. Tremolo up to preference. Try ESP LTD F, or B.C Rich warlock/warbeast (I prefer warbeasts ;x).

@up - sick design ;o
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Last edited by Aggro at Aug 25, 2010,
Quote by smartalec007
Satyr from Satyricon uses an AX, at least he does in one video. He/they are sponsored by ESP, but I don't think that he plays guitar live anymore, just singing.

Agreed, I'm also a fan of Satyricon myself. He's endorsed, and uses the AX model for his "lessons" on a few songs, and does rarely play the guitar live too.

Though they do use session artists for live playing all the time, so I don't think he's been playing and singing for quite some time like that.