Today my theory teacher told me to write a normal country/gospel progression in the key of E flat starting on the V chord and making the I chord minor. Could anyone help me out with this?
if you don't understand how to do that i recommend approaching your theory teacher. sure we could write it for you but then you wouldn't be learning. if you're paying money for a theory teacher i'd expect to be learning from them.
It's for school, he just threw me off because he said in the key of Eb but said only to make the I chord minor so it was tricky for me, I've been messing around on guitar trying to figure it out
Quote by z4twenny
if you don't understand how to do that i recommend approaching your theory teacher. sure we could write it for you but then you wouldn't be learning. if you're paying money for a theory teacher i'd expect to be learning from them.

+1
shred is gaudy music
Quote by Zappanator
It's for school, he just threw me off because he said in the key of Eb but said only to make the I chord minor so it was tricky for me, I've been messing around on guitar trying to figure it out

Have you learned any country/gospel progressions in your lessons/class?

You should be familiar with whatever characteristics were taught.
shred is gaudy music
No I haven't actually, I thought it would be similar to a I IV V though if not exactly that
If the I chord (Eb) is minor, then its going to be in Eb minor. Look up your scale, and use your imagination in making the progression, starting in the V chord.

As stated, we could do it for you, but it'd be cheating you out of money, and you wouldnt be actually learning.

Its a bit strange, the way your teacher worded it, because if he wanted the I minor, he surely should have said that he wanted it in Eb minor...
Yeah I think he meant Eb minor but just messed up.....I can figure it out if he did but thanks to everyone
Did he want you to create it in Eb minor scale or did he want you to borrow the final chord from the parallel minor scale (although ending it on an out-of-key chord doesn't really make sense, does it?)
It he wanted you to create it in Eb minor scale then he ment that you end it on the vi chord which is Eb minor chord (its the first chord in Eb minor scale). The V chord, in that case, is Db major. So, begin on Db major chord, end it on Eb minor chord and throw in some stuff from the same key and use what you've learnt about country/gospel music and there you have it.
Quote by Zappanator
Yeah I think he meant Eb minor but just messed up.....I can figure it out if he did but thanks to everyone
I don't believe he did mess up. I think it was intentional. He wants you to write a progression in Eb major, but instead of resolving to the Eb chord, he wants you to resolve to the Ebm chord.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Maybe it's a test to see how much you've learned. Wanted to see if you could figure out that he meant Eb Minor