On a Marshall MG 10. I made a thread a while back regarding gear, and I got bombarded by suggestions on what to buy. Anyway, Marshall is a well-known brand, and the amp was cheap enough, so I thought it should be fine. Any owners of a Marshall MG10? Was it worth the money or not? What kind of music to you play with it?
my buddy has the MG25. how much are you going to be paying for it?
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
Marshall: A well-respected manufacturer of top-quality guitar amplifiers for easily the past 5 decades.

Marshall MG: In short, a sonic abortion. BUT THE OVERDRIVE IS CRUSHING SO IT'S OK!!
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Don't get the MG. There are tons of better modelling amps out there in that price range. Marshall is good, but they dropped the ball with the MG series.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
a marshall MG 10 . . . I couldnt think of a worse amp. What are they like £50 ? I presume you have a low budget and are a fairly new guitarist ? you can pick up an orange micro crush for about the same price, even cheaper if you got for the 3/4 watt version. You will get such a nicer tone out of the orange than the marshall, sure you presume all marshalls sound awesome and for the most part they all do, but seriously stay away from the mg series
- THIS IS MY SIG -
BEHOLD ITS AWESOMENESS
exactly ha if you can get it cheap enough and you have an EXTREMELY low budget then it might be a good decision. otherwise save up for a fender super champ xd.

Quote by gregs1020

are you serious?

don't be fooled just because its marshall, millions of people have fallen for that trick. Stay away from them and get a Peavey Vypyr!!!

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
the only worse bashing you couldve got wouldve been for a spider III. gotta love UG ha

Quote by gregs1020

I'd steer clear of the MG range. Their kinda digital sounding, and only sell because of the Marshall name, their price, and the noobs who don't know what they're getting. It's all in the marketing. You'd be better off with a plain solid state (rather than modeller), unless you get something like a cube.

My first amp was a Kustom Dart 10FX. For the price, I can recommend it. The overdrive is muddy but the clean channel is actually quite pleasant. Compare it to the MG, at least one channel is nice, and neither sounds harsh or digital like the MG does. I'd only recommend an MG if it was free (or almost).

EDIT: The only thing worse than an MG is a Spider.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Emperor's Child
I'd steer clear of the MG range. Their kinda digital sounding, and only sell because of the Marshall name, their price, and the noobs who don't know what they're getting.

That was me .....now I'm stuck with it until i can afford a proper amp...
Originally Posted by conor-figgy
That was me .....now I'm stuck with it until i can afford a proper amp...
Just make sure you upgrade your amp before your guitar!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Just make sure you upgrade your amp before your guitar!

Oh don't worry I've learned my lesson...i'm in the process of selling some stuff, and the mg will be the last thing to go...peavey vk here i come
Holy crap. It had so many positive reviews. o_o Staying away, then.
I didn't have much time to look around the local music store, but that amp SEEEMED good just because of the brand. I'm not sure, if they had Peavey Vypyrs, though. I'll take a closer look soon-ish.

Whoever asked, (about me being a fairly new guitarist) I've been playing for a bit more than a year now.
My budget for this is about 100 Euros. I live in an aparment, and I'm not in a band, so I wouldn't really want any huge amps that are really ferking loud.

EDIT: I got THIS(It's shite.) amp with my guitar, and I'll probably be selling it. I unsure how successful this will be, but, if I manage to, when I set my sights on an amp, count in 30 more Euros to my budget.
Last edited by Maglun at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Maglun

EDIT: I got THIS(It's shite.) amp with my guitar

Ummm, was that meant to be a link?
Quote by conor-figgy
Oh don't worry I've learned my lesson...i'm in the process of selling some stuff, and the mg will be the last thing to go...peavey vk here i come

OMG . . . I almost made that mistake, but then i bought the valveking instead haha freaky xD
- THIS IS MY SIG -
BEHOLD ITS AWESOMENESS
Quote by conor-figgy
Ummm, was that meant to be a link?

Eh, no. Despite my efforts, my current amp cannot be found even via Google. It's some kind of Oscar Schmidt amp. It's about 20x20 (centimetres) in size.
Last edited by Maglun at Aug 24, 2010,
Quote by Samhaynes
OMG . . . I almost made that mistake, but then i bought the valveking instead haha freaky xD

Are the vk's good? Please say yes....
Quote by UnseenBucket
try one out if you can

I live in a small village in south east Ireland....there aren't many big music shops around...
whew... good thing i read all the way through. I thought I smelled a troll at first.

VK's ain't bad. they get a less than great response from ppl just b/c there's arguably better amps in the same price range (and i agree with that). with a few upgrades, tubes, speakers, and IMO OT, they sound fine.

stock, they are not good for modern, aggressive styles of metal. you're more likely to get a "duderock" sound out of them, minus the sparkly cleans.
Quote by conor-figgy
I live in a small village in south east Ireland....there aren't many big music shops around...

Fair enough.. there is a music shop in Kilkenny though with marshall stocked..
Quote by UnseenBucket
Fair enough.. there is a music shop in Kilkenny though with marshall stocked..

Essaness? tis tiny but has a strong charm for me....
Quote by conor-figgy
Are the vk's good? Please say yes....

****ing awesome mate xD
- THIS IS MY SIG -
BEHOLD ITS AWESOMENESS
Oh dear.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.