Page 1 of 2
hello, i recently got my fith guitar and i been struggling to think of a name for it, all of my friends who play name their guitars and so do i, so i was wondering. does everyone name their guitars? is it just a british thing? (as me and my mates are english)
I named my guitar xD

I called it Harta it means treasure in indonesian, Hence my guitar was made in indonesia

Also im English so maybe it is ?
- THIS IS MY SIG -
BEHOLD ITS AWESOMENESS
seen about 3 of these threads, I just wanna say it once....

SEARCHBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so much better now, thanks TS
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
It's not just a British thing. I name my favorite guitars, and I'm American.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
I'd like to but haven't thought of a good one

and no, I'm not british
e-married to the most fabulous Fashionista ever, Rarity
e-mom to Scootaloo, somehow
Quote by dawgeth321
Let's warm our wings, fly through the clouds, and dance in the sky, mon capitaine.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Spit is a milf

UG 8-BIT ALBUM
SoundCloud
giving your guitar a female name is absolutely gay as shit.

mine are called 'the prs', 'the tele', 'the white jackson' etc... i can deal with people naming their guitars based on the colour, like clapton did/does. anything else is balls.
Quote by weorge
hello, i recently got my fith guitar and i been struggling to think of a name for it, all of my friends who play name their guitars and so do i, so i was wondering. does everyone name their guitars? is it just a british thing? (as me and my mates are english)

BB King. That is all.

and I have named my favourite guitar, under some pressure from some of my female friends but I did none the less.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, I call my black epiphone acoustic 'me yolk'.

so my friend asks what I'm doing, and I say "I'm playin me yolk, pal" and they know exactly what I'm talking about.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I've named all 3 of my electric guitars. My first guitar was an Ibanez Iceman, with a sunburst finish so I called it Sunny. My second guitar was a gift from my fiancee, a Gibson Explorer, and I named it Rose (her middle name). My 3rd is a limited edition Epiphone 7 String Les Paul. I named it The Liger, because it is trans-black with a striped look, and its pretty freaking big.

I'm American by the way
Last edited by hildesaw at Aug 24, 2010,
i name mine. i don't struggle to find names, i wait for them to come. my acoustic named molly, a friend suggested that, and she's hot so it became molly.... my ibanez is named roxanne only because i learned to play that song on it and it felt fitting. my fender does not have a name yet, the one i'm building doesn't have one either.
I'M GONNA GIVE YOU A BAD CASE OF SOMEONE SHOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!
Quote by em!ly
i called my ibanez "carmen" , after a character from starship troopers ..

Carmen from starship troopers is annoying.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
I tried to name them, but I kept forgetting the name. They weren't meant to be named.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
No, I have a Jackson Dinky so it's much better to refer to it as "my dinky". I'm playing with my dinky right now in fact.
fear is the mindkiller

CANUCKS
My Mockingbird is called 'bird. I like Charlie Parker too, which helps. Plus, in England bird means woman.
I've had my most recent one for over a year. Haven't really felt a need to name it, nor has a good name come to mind
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
my ibanez is "kirk" because kirk hammet inspired me to play. my acoustic is "ozzy" (brother named it) my squire strat is "Fucking Piece of Shit"
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'll probably end up as a pipe-smoking, headbanging 55-year-old.

^^ me too bro, me too

Quote by slash_GNR666
Talk..........to.......girls?????

I thought they were only good at sucking dick and making sammiches

^^^ truth
I would only name my guitar if I had a signature series from Ibanez or ESP, which I doubt I will ever have...

so yeah
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by haz_uk
giving your guitar a female name is absolutely gay as shit.

So I should give the bass that I finger quite often a male name to be less gay?

My BC Rich is "Sophia" and my Carvin is "Sarah"
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
i still dont know any good names for my guitar.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I've named my new guitar Dawn. After the woman in the graphic.

I can't WAIT to get this baby back from the painter. Two weeks, Steve Two weeks. You can do it.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
If you name a guitar, it can't be some gay poetic name like "Silver Moon" or "Destiny", or those dumb female names like "Ashley" and "Veronica". If you name a guitar, give it a rugged sounding name like "Pearly Gates" or "Blackie".
Really late but ehhh.

TS u should call your new guitar searchbar
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

Quote by CaptDin
If you name a guitar, it can't be some gay poetic name like "Silver Moon" or "Destiny", or those dumb female names like "Ashley" and "Veronica". If you name a guitar, give it a rugged sounding name like "Pearly Gates" or "Blackie".

>.>

Just sayin'.

Also, I have not named my guitars. I may one day, but "Sapphiria" doesn't cut it for me, and that's the best I could think of. :\
My PRS was named before I bought it second hand. It was named 'Autumn' by Rob Chappers (aka 'The Monkey Lord), who some of you may be familiar with, and I like the name so I kept using it.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I named my favorite guitar Jessica. One of my other guitars is referred by its brand " The Laguna" and the last is simply called "The Yellow Guitar"
Because deep down, I know you want to:

My Youtube Channel

Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Just sayin'.

Also, I have not named my guitars. I may one day, but "Sapphiria" doesn't cut it for me, and that's the best I could think of. :\

You have to say it like "Pearleh Gates".
I've owned 5 guitars and only named my acoustic, because a friend wanted me to.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

My SG is named "the SG"

And if I get that RG550 I put a bid on, I will name it "the RG" (I'm still the highest bidder )
I've never had an urge to name either of my acoustics, because I'm not much of a guitarist, so I've never really felt attached to them. However, immediately upon holding my bass, she was Issabella, and is to this day.
Page 1 of 2