Well, While out this afternoon doing what I do every other day hitting the local shops I saw this guitar was still sitting on the wall at one shop. I have played it a few times in the past but was never really crazy about it but the price was right so I took it home.

The guitar is a Michael Kelly Hourglass with a trans black finish over a carved flame maple top with some kind of natural wood binding, a rosewood fret board with a flame inlay in MOP. The pick ups seem decent and the 1 vol 1 tone are push pull coil taps. The guitar is fairly light not much thicker than an SG and sufferers from the usual neck dive a lot of guitars seem to have these days. I noticed someone upgraded it with a set of Grovers not sure what it had for tuners before but they were the two screw types like on older Les Pauls. I got it home and played it thru my amp and I like it better now. I can't find any info on this model. I searched Google and come up with a lot of pics and links but not one single one of this particular model. I gave it a good going over and tweaked it a bit and now it's a great player. Not as good as the last two guitars I got but it can hold it's own. I would give this a 7 out of ten as far as guitars go.

John
Looks nice. I love the patriot glory I picked up a few months ago. That's a bit odd with the tuners though, as far as I can tell most michael kellys come standard with grover tuners. I know mine did and all of the ones I've handled also had them.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Truthfully, Every MK guitar I ever tried had Grovers too, I was surprised to see the top holes in the back of the headstock just above the Grovers. Unless someone changed them and then changed them back to Grovers.
I was sort of thinking that after I posted. I like grovers but there are definitely other tuning machines I'd prefer to have on my guitars. Possibly someone wanted tuners with a more vintage look? The grover machine heads don't quite fit with the shape of the headstock in my opinion. The flame inlay makes me want to say maybe MK made an Hourglass Phoenix.
Either way it's a sweet looking guitar. I'm very impressed with all the things MK can cram into their guitars for as relatively cheap as they are.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Nice PRS copy guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
^ it doesnt look like a PRS copy to me more like a double cut LP imo.

ive also got no idea whats going on with those tuners, since every MK ive seen as well has grovers. someone must not have liked them i guess.

but its nice to see someone else with a MK with the awesome flame inlays HNGD
PRS copy? A gibson double cutaway copy if anything and even still I'm betting it's a completely different feel and sound.
Quote by MortifiedLizard

Quote by Duv
Completely different? You mean, like, not a guitar?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Looks more like a PRS Santana than a Les Paul DC to me.
Either way they're basically the same.
I have never been a fan of the string through design(simply because how it looks) and flame inlays are not my thing but I love the finish. HNGD!
if anything the original prs guitars were gibson copies.

nice kelly you have there, very nice guitar.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Nice!
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
hngd! cool looking guitar.
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.